The Technology Director, eCommerce provides technology leadership, organization & evangelism to ensure agency clients are always poised to take advantage of the latest advances in architecture, platforms, and tools. The successful technical lead will have a track record of delivering complex projects, should be solution-oriented, adaptable to changing environments, and able to succeed with minimal defined requirements. The ideal candidate must have strong experience in the technical design, development, and delivery of enterprise level content and commerce solutions across industry leading platforms.
***Candidates must have agency experience (client-facing) and also eCommerce platform experience - either Sitecore, Episerver/Optimizely, or ZNode is required***
Agency works in a .NET framework with C#(sharp) programming language.
This is a REMOTE position (USA only, but NO California) requiring availability (ie. meetings, etc) during Central Time zone hours.
Responsibilities & Duties
● Ability to work with client teams to define and document technical requirements and platform solutions.
● Accountable for the team software development process: direct and motivate the development team; coordinate technical implementation efforts, ensuring that this fits with strategy, agreed-on specifications, and guiding principles
● Contribute to overall architecture and design of technology stacks
● Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realizes they are required.
● Work closely with the product teams, business analysts, and end-users to define technical solutions for eCommerce implementations.
● Participate in design, code, and test inspections throughout product life cycle to contribute technical expertise and to identify issues
● Understanding of PCI and security compliance standards for eCommerce
● Ability to research technical issues and provide recommendations
● Work both independently and as part of a team to create reliable and high performing content and commerce experiences.
● 5-7+ years experience as a technical developer that can lead & influence teams within an Agile based working environment
● Full life cycle development experience in bringing up an eCommerce site from scratch (ideally B2B eCommerce)
● Expert understanding of eCommerce solutions across leading platform vendors.
● In-depth experience with MVC architecture and SOA is preferred
● Working knowledge of JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence
● Experience with ERP and Payment System Integration
● Experience leading remote teams