Vitamin T is excited to partner with a leading creative marketing and advertising agency with industry focus in Health & Wellness, Financial Services, B2B, and Consumer Goods. Our client continues to grow and invest forward in their company. They form long-term relationships with top tier clients and challenger brands based on thought leadership, creative effectiveness, and business impact. Our client has a collaborative culture with 80 full-time employees.
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY
In reinventing and reimagining its strategy practice for 2022 and beyond, they are seeking an experienced strategic leader to partner with the VP, Strategy to develop and operationalize a comprehensive vision for the company. This role will have a special focus on our Health & Wellness vertical but will impact cross-agency functions and clients.
You are energized and excited about the idea of building a strategy practice from the foundation up. Deeply collaborative and invested in breaking down silos, you want to dig in and get #$&% done. You are capable of both big-picture thinking and hands-on planning, working with our account, media, and creative teams to make sure our output always brilliantly answers the brief. You are comfortable discussing strategies and overall business goals with clients. You want a seat at the table.
• Ad agency experience in strategy/planning, preferably midsize to large agency experience, and an understanding of the role of various kinds of strategy (brand, digital, creative, comms)
• Expertise across all media, including digital, social, and traditional, including an understanding of analytics and measurement, and a demonstrated enthusiasm for keeping up with the industry on these fronts
• A high comfort level with connecting ideas, developing and refining insights, and guiding a team towards a creative solution
• A strong drive to crystallize and synthesize from multiple disparate inputs for a singular, single-minded insight or idea
• Powerful written and oral communication skills
• A keen interest in identifying, clarifying, and solving a wide range of client problems
• Really good presentation skills and a high comfort level presenting to clients, as well as experience collaborating closely with client stakeholders to understand their business objectives
• Enthusiasm for leadership, paired with strong collaboration skills and openness to the rest of the agency and their insights
• Demonstrable case examples to highlight capabilities
• Strong understanding of the health & wellness landscape and strategic experience working with healthcare clients; preferably in multiple areas (e.g., health systems/hospitals/provider practices; medical devices/med tech; biotech/pharma; consumer health & wellness)
DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY:
The Director of Strategy is responsible for:
• Working closely with clients and colleagues to define the problem, identify solutions, and develop key insights to drive brilliant creative work
• Collaborating closely with VP, Strategy to further define and advance the greater strategy practice, including defining deliverables, process components, and workflow
• Leading the room and owning strategy on multiple client accounts and for multiple campaigns across channels
• Developing key deliverables, presentations, thought leadership, and strategic documentation
• Leading a wide variety of engagements with vision, including partnering on designing the solution as part of
new business/strategy as well as working closely with creative team members
• Constantly pushing the strategy practice forward
This position reports to VP, Strategy.
• 5 – 7 years’ experience at an agency leading strategy and/or planning for major client accounts and omnichannel campaigns
• Marketing strategy/planning/consulting experience with healthcare clients: providers (health systems, hospitals, practice groups), pharma, biotech/med tech/medical devices, etc.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
• A willingness to jump in and get started
• A love of brands, creative, strategy, and advertising