We are looking for an up-and-coming qualitative UX Researchers who can help understand employers’ needs and translate those into improved experiences. In this role, you will seek to understand the “why” behind behaviors and attitudes. These efforts will ensure the experiences our client's create are easy to use, useful, and efficient. As an Associate UX Researcher, you will work with other researchers to design and execute research to understand our users’ needs, synthesize findings, and learn to partner with our client's design team to create excellent and polished user experiences. Come work for a company that values creativity, diversity, and integrity.
You’ll be working on a research team that has researchers from a variety of disciplines and you will support the broader product team by conducting a regular cadence of evaluative research. As an ideal candidate, you have experience with one or more user research methods and best practices and a desire to gain experience partnering with your peers in Design, Product, and Engineering to develop and deliver research that helps us create world-class experiences our job seekers will value highly.
Some of the ways you may support the team include:
- Partner with other researchers as well as product, design and engineering to develop and deliver impactful research that informs decisions for key areas of a product.
- Implement the best research approaches with the guidance of other researchers to get the right answers based on research questions, timing and resources.
- Design and conduct user studies to gauge the usability of new and existing features.
- Make concrete, data-driven recommendations for change based on your findings.
- Communicate with team members throughout the process.
- Regularly conduct evaluative research that will supply recommendations for incremental improvements and refinements to our existing product ecosystem
- Contribute to the overall vision and user interface solutions for current and future experiences from concept exploration to implementation.
- Collaborate with other researchers, product managers, and UX designers to ensure research translates into business impact
- Synthesize research findings into actionable insights and recommendations that your stakeholders and peers can act upon.
- Work cross-functionally with researchers from different disciplines to tell a holistic story of customers’ needs, values, and experiences.
- Completed a UX certification or Bootcamp (focus on UX or design research a plus).
- Experience conducting user research for software/web based products in an educational or internship setting, or up to 1 year in a professional setting.
- Able to prioritize effectively without losing sight of the big picture
- Experience conducting user interviews, usability studies either live or remote.
- Knowledge of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Great written and verbal communication skills with the ability to influence a range of audiences.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability run to more than one project concurrently.
- Flexible approach to research. Our goal is to provide product teams value. If an existing research method doesn’t do that, we invent our own research methods.
- Experience with remote testing tools.