Our Agency client is seeking a Senior Brand Designer with diverse experience including development of CPG/packaging specifically for Food and Beverage.
Reporting to the Executive Creative Director, the Senior Brand Designer is responsible for partnering with the rest of the creative and agency team for the development and execution of strategic and creative concepts and executions to support client projects.
The Senior Brand Designer is a key member of the creative team, and will dive in on many aspects of a wide range of projects, learning quickly along the way. They will contribute to creating research-led strategy, concept development, and will partner with the rest of the branding team to bring concepts to life.
What they Are Looking For
We are looking for a highly conceptual designer with a passion for creativity, strategic design thinking, and unique ideas. The Senior Designer must have a strong eye for design with the ability to translate concepts in a variety of aesthetic styles and bring them to life from start to finish. Must have a desire to roll up your sleeves, learn new things, bring energy, optimism, and eagerness to tackle new challenges.
We’d Love to See
Your passion and drive to develop exciting creative. Your curiosity, flexibility, and a collaborative team mentality.
Impact You’ll Make
You’ll be an important part of a close-knit, highly collaborative group, and have the opportunity to contribute to strategic thinking, design projects, drive solutions that will elevate their clients’ investments and our work as a company.
· Contribute to the development of engaging brand experiences that deliver against the client goals and project objectives, including: research, market insights, brand positioning, framing opportunities for our clients and team, brand concept development, design of a variety of applications from digital, print, 3D environments etc.
· Interpret a wide range of information (client data, online search, third-party research) to frame insight-driven design solutions that will best position the project, and inspire clients and team members
· Collaborate with Executive Design Director and other team members to conceptualize and create brand identities for client projects, including logos, design systems, packaging design, brand campaigns, a variety of digital media; websites, social media marketing, taking projects from concept through design and delivery of brand style guide and production-ready files
· Articulate and present concepts and rationale to other team members and clients, contributing to creative brainstorms and client presentations/workshops on a per-project basis
· Though it is not the primary role of this position, there are occasionally small and fast paced requests to support our New Business Development group that can come up with little advance notice
· Must be very responsive with communication with good time management when juggling multiple projects timelines
· Must be able to develop concepts from scratch all the way to final execution
· Take initiatives, be a self-starter on creative. We look for very collaborative designers!
· Great communication skills including ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and stakeholders
- Good written and critical thinking skills, including the ability to write clearly, convincingly, and concisely
- We value the know-how of creating unique concepts that reflects the brand positioning in a unique way.
- Building out robust identity systems (packaging design systems a plus)
· Strong typographic skills, a must-have
· Comfortable working on a variety of digital media
· Ability to work quickly under tight timelines, with careful attention to detail and a positive attitude
· Ability to approach projects with flexibility and resourcefulness, with the ability to iterate and evolve concepts with constructive feedback
· Organized and accountable
· Passion for design and eagerness to work with other creative people
· Knowledge of print and digital production processes
· Solid knowledge of Adobe Software: Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, PowerPoint and Word
· Understanding of interactive design and UI/UX a plus
· Web background, including a working knowledge of HTML and CSS a definite plus
· Major Bonus if you have motion, animation, illustration skills or other
Education & Experience
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BFA) from a four-year accredited college or university in Fine Arts, Graphic Design/Visual Communications
· 5+ years of industry or agency experience
· Strong Multi-disciplinary design portfolio required
· CPG: Food & Beverage experience (desired, but not a must)