Our client, an exciting retail eyewear brand, is seeking an Art Director for a 3 month assignment that has the potential to extend out.
**MUST BE LOCAL TO LA OR SF / SURROUNDING AREAS**
The Art Director is responsible for the development, planning, and execution of all creative concepts and photo and video needs. This role will support our creative and marketing team to produce world-class campaigns that will live across our retail shops, client website, social, paid media and wholesale. This role will work closely with Brand, PR, Marketing, DTC, and Shops and requires strong strategic and conceptual skills, ensuring business and brand objectives are met.
- Develop thoughtful, innovative 360 creative concepts across print and digital in line with brand strategy and campaign needs. Responsible for art direction across print and digital platforms. This includes but is not limited to lifestyle photography, product photography and video for in-store, digital/web, print, pop-up stores, event concepts, collateral, mailers etc. (25%, primary responsibility)
- Execute on creative briefs submitted from PR, Marketing, Brand, Shops, DTC for high profile projects such as Holiday, collaborations, press kits, and events, translating business and marketing objectives into designs that are compelling and visually engaging (25%, primary responsibility)
- Operate autonomously as a designer while being comfortable guiding cross-functional teams, designers, copywriters, freelancers, agencies, and production partners. (15%, primary responsibility)
- Inspire a small team of designers, ensuring their work is aligned creatively with the brief and brand, while helping their career development. (15%, collaborative role)
- Create style guides for seasonal campaigns as it relates to lockups, graphics, and motion treatments. (10%, primary responsibility)
- Act as brand filter in cross functional meetings and drive global creative alignment (10%, play a collaborative role)
- 4-7+ years’ experience in art direction and graphic design
- 2+ years managing experience.
- Strong leadership skills with an emphasis on cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to advocate for creative decisions and speak authoritatively on creative, design, branding, and photography.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment without compromising quality
- Expert knowledge of design-related software including Adobe CC apps.
- Comfortable with CSS, HTML, and responsive web and mobile design principles for email/web design.