We are helping our App/Web Development client hire a Solutions Architect (aka Tech Lead). As a Tech Lead, you'll report directly to the Director, Software Development — Digital Programs, and build e-commerce products for enterprise clients using your extensive experience. There will be many technical challenges and opportunities to learn.
This role is for you if:
- Enjoy applying and extending your deep knowledge of e-commerce systems and data flows to help clients build seamless, engaging experiences.
- Crave new challenges. You have an entrepreneurial spirit. You take every chance to learn and move things forward.
- Enjoy collaborative work and being part of a team that co-owns the outputs, instead of working independently. Knowledge sharing is important to you.
- Contribute as a billable team member on a focus project, typically as a hands on Technical Lead or Architect.
- Play a senior client‐facing, consulting role for specific areas of domain expertise.
- Document and diagram designs to communicate technical solutions with project stakeholders. Defend your decisions and manage expectations.
- Prioritize and estimate work to be done alongside designers and Engagement Managers to ensure projects are delivered on time and on budget. Be transparent about progress.
- Subject matter expert in e-commerce topics such as data organization, product and catalog modeling, and pricing.
- Analyze and optimize data flows to improve functionality and performance.
Skills and Qualifications
- Understanding of modern architecture including: alternative API access mechanisms, observability, fault tolerance, and scalability using cloud technologies.
- Strong understanding of DevOps including: automated deployment tools, automated integration and unit testing tools, code quality test tools, and feature flags.
- Experience with at least one of the following: (1) order management systems (OMS) such as Sterling, Manhattan, Salesforce or SAP; or (2) retail point of sale (POS) system such as Lightspeed, KWI or NetSuite.
- Experience with at least one enterprise resource planning (ERP) system such as NetSuite, SAP, Full Circle or Infor M3.
- Deep understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and Software Engineering principles.
- Experience with implementation and solution design on commerce and content management platforms.
- Experience with other e-commerce component technologies such as CMS, PIM, CDP and CIAM systems.