Our client's In-house Photo/Video Studio is looking for an exceptional hands-on Art Coordinator. This operational role will report to the Art Department Manager and will support coordination of props, prop accessory requests and budgets for the Art Department.
- Start date: ASAP pending background completion
- Rate: $30.00/hour
- Location: must work onsite in Dallas, TX
- Duration: 2 + months to start
- You are a multi-faceted problem solver who supports the department as a whole with resource planning, strategizing, project tracking and communication.
- You easily stay several steps ahead and have a talent for anticipating the needs of your team before they are requested. You are extremely organized and thorough, with a foundational understanding of all aspects of the art department that you support.
- You have a passion for ensuring your team is set up for success when evaluating resources to fulfill requests from creative and production.
- You’ll have to be a diplomat and a creative problem solver working with the Production Team, Art Department Manager, Art Directors, Photographers, Stylists and Videographers. These teams rely on communication and strategic resource management to produce content that attracts and engages our consumers.
- The ideal candidate will be collaborative, engaged, and have a passion for our industry as well as a desire to create, develop and organize a talented team of passionate creatives.
What you'll do:
- Strategize with Art Department Manager and coordinate daily prop styling needs for on set production
- Communicate changes in the production schedule, creative brief or resources amongst Production and Art Department leadership, helping to identify and solve for potential capacity or bandwidth issues
- Create and maintain prop library and upkeep of physical samples, along with ensuring organization of physical space
- Source prop accessory requests per project and track all orders of inbound props for both photo and video
- Work closely with Producers, Art Directors and Art Department Manager to ensure maximum on set productivity with efficient flow of product and prop needs, ensures all stylists and builders are meeting production deadlines
- Assist in sourcing and updating documents for set purchases
- Maintain Art purchases and upkeep of receipt reconciliation for departmental cards
- Collaborate with the Art Department Manager on procedures and process to increase efficiency and frugality
What you'll need:
- 3+ years of art coordinator, production assistant or creative project management experience with either an e-commerce focused photo and video studio, production company or creative agency
- Experience with styling, set design and prop builds are a +
- Experience disseminating creative briefs and working with creative contractors
- Be immersed and knowledgeable in current trends in prop styling, furniture and décor
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, utilize resources, identify and address problems and meet deadlines.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high volume photo and video production environment
- Proficiency with software applications used in a creative studio such as Adobe Creative Suite, Office360 and Google Apps
- Experience with project management software, such as Workfront
- Strong interpersonal skills; A team player, positive and innovative thinker