We are looking for a Copy Editor who can write and edit across a range of topics, including crafting engaging copy related to trends and editing copy related to news and information. The Copy Editor will work on tight deadlines and also review, fact-check, research and proofread editorial content. They will ensure suitability of text for intended audiences and improve text content and structure.
The ideal candidate will have excellent copywriting and editing skills, editorial judgment and a strong command of social media and digital content. They will thrive in fast-paced environments and have a broad background in media, with experience ranging from news to culture to entertainment and lifestyle.
* PLEASE NOTE: Must include writing samples to be submitted.
* REMOTE ONLY IN: New York, NY; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Houston, TX; Los Angeles, CA; San Diego, CA
- 5+ years of work experience, including experience in news and/or digital with a proven track record of editorial judgment
- Working knowledge of The AP Stylebook and best practices for editorial text.
- Ability to edit for grammar, spelling, usage, consistency, tone, accuracy, repetition and style
- Experience with research
- Keeps up with news, trends, and internet culture
- BA/BS degree or 4+ years of equivalent editorial experience
Based in Menlo Park, California, this top social media company builds technologies that help people connect. Their mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together.
With a culture of constantly iterating, solving problems and working together to connect people all over the world, it’s important that their workforce reflects the diversity of the people they serve. Hiring people with different backgrounds and points of view helps make better decisions, build better products and create better experiences for everyone.
Working here, you’ll:
- Be part of their mission of community building
- Work on the most visible apps and services in the social media industry
- Work in an Agile environment, in constant iteration and problem-solving mode
- Have a hand in developing products that empower more than 3 billion people around the world to share ideas, offer support and make a difference
Why work with AQUENT? Check out our awesome benefits: https://aquent.com/find-work/talent-benefits
Aquent is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.