We are seeking a UX Designer who is passionate about the intersection of the physical and virtual worlds, reaching beyond what is shown on a screen to include the physical environment, building layout, equipment, work processes – anything and everything that impacts how work inside our fulfillment centers gets done.
The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver, self-learner, and self-starter who looks around corners to identify user problems and needs, proactively initiates the design process, delivers user-centric design, and influences stakeholders to positively impact experiences within Client worldwide. You will create solutions that scale, utilizing multiple tools and techniques to communicate your ideas. You will partner closely with product managers and engineers to improve the lives of our fulfillment center team members and ultimately deliver smiles to Client's customers.
What can we offer you in return?
You will be part of a growing team that will support, challenge, and inspire you every day. Client is a multidisciplinary team of designers, researchers, and technologists who shape and simplify the fulfillment center experience through a human-centered design process. Our experiences are offered on a range of devices that evolve as rapidly as our operations do. You will work on projects ranging from iterative UX design on tactical projects to strategic efforts that rethink how centers work. You will also have a voice in defining and choosing projects where you think design can have most impact. In addition, you will be able to grow in this role. There are senior designers, user researchers, design technologists, and front-end engineers on our team (and in the larger Amazon design community) who will provide you with support and mentorship. We invest in our team members to help them build their unique careers.
• Participate in planning of new features, projects, and products; understand business objective(s), analyze customer behaviors, identify UX problems and/or unmet customer needs. Advocate for the user’s point of view, working closely with product, engineering and others to define solutions.
• Quickly and iteratively create high quality design solutions, with deliverables that effectively communicate the intended design. This may include journey maps, user flows, wireframes, clickable prototypes, high-fidelity mockups, detailed design specifications, or other design artifacts.
• Contribute to planning and execution of user research to inform requirements, shape designs, and evaluate final products.
• Present design work to design peers, product and engineering teams, business stakeholders, and executive leadership.
• Scope and manage work on assigned initiatives, including required design tasks and estimated time and resource needs. Provide regular progress updates and escalate issues when needed.
• Contribute to the team’s human interface guidelines and design pattern library, helping ensure consistency across products.
• Participate in peer mentoring and skill sharing to collectively raise the bar for design within the team and across the larger Amazon organization.
• Champion design thinking within the design team and across the larger organization.
• Be resourceful and creative in overcoming obstacles and turning challenges into opportunities.
• Bachelor's degree in UX design, interaction design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
• 3+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role.
• Fluency in human-centered design processes, usability best practices, and designing for multiple devices, screen sizes, and platforms.
• Online portfolio of work samples demonstrating ability to deliver highly usable and engaging digital experiences across a range of form factors and use cases.
• Experience working in a collaborative team, partnering closely with product management to define use cases and requirements, and working directly with developers on implementation of designs.
• Experience designing applications with complex workflows for business, enterprise, industrial, and/or internal users.
• Experience designing applications used in multiple languages across a global market.
• Experience designing to meet accessibility standards outlined .
• Experience using design systems, pattern libraries, and user research to help inform design decisions.
• Experience planning, conducting, and synthesizing user research across a variety of methods.
• Ability to effectively synthesize feedback from other designers, researchers, product managers, engineers, and business stakeholders throughout the design process.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
• Ability define, manage, and prioritize your own work, juggling multiple projects, possibly with competing deadlines.
• Passion for the role of design within an organization and the ability to drive design thinking.
• Passion for learning and innovation, balanced with business needs and customer expectations.
• Proficiency in design and prototyping software (e.g., Figma, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe Creative Suite).
• Willingness to travel (~10%) locally, domestically, and internationally as needed for research, requirements gathering, and planning.