Our FinTech client is looking for a copyeditor to join our internal Creative Studio. Your primary role will be to review and copyedit all marketing assets including web, digital, social, video/ broadcast, and print. Daily tasks include ensuring that our brand tone and style is prevalent across all marketing assets, while also ensuring compliance guidelines and disclosures are adhered to and administered.
To succeed in this role, you need to possess this "Skill Trifecta":
- Stellar copyediting and proofreading chops
- Superior communication and partnership mastery
- Outstanding proactive, problem solving
What you’ll do
● Manage your schedule on a daily basis.
● Copyedit and proofread project assets from a creative brand and style standpoint.
● Review projects with a "compliance eye" and apply necessary superscripts and disclosures.
● Update assets with post-copyediting disclaimer feedback.
● Adhere to the requested turnaround time (sometimes tight) for each project.
● Attend and participate in assigned project review meetings.
● Attend weekly compliance office hours meetings.
● Form strong partnerships and solid communication lines with project managers, writers, designers,
compliance officers, and business partners.
● Partner with other copyeditors to update the copy style guide and other reference materials as
● Establish yourself as a go-to resource for copy issues.
Who you are:
● Collaboration is your middle name—you're a natural at forming strong partnerships.
● You're a natural (and proactive) problem solver and don't wait for others to give you the answers.
You're also not shy about reaching out to necessary parties to get clarity.
● Your editing style is all about adding that "perfect polish" and staying close to brand, copy, and
compliance guidelines—it's not about rewriting and giving tons of editorial feedback.
● You're able to balance enforcing brand/style guidelines and compliance initiatives.
● Your edits and editing direction is clear and concise, never confusing.
● You have impeccable time management skills, with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines.
● You have top-notch organization skills and can handle multiple projects at once.
● You’re enthusiastic about your work and about joining a close-knit team.
● You have experience working with legal disclaimers in a heavily regulated environment.
Plus you have:
● Knowledge of financial services or personal finance (a plus).
● A strong working knowledge of the AP Stylebook.
● At least 3-4 years copyediting experience in agency or in-house settings.
● A bachelor’s degree with English/advertising/journalism/business focus.