Vitamin T's job site client is looking for a TEMPORARY, FT, FULLY REMOTE UX Writer to join their journey to create a personal and empowering search experience that matches job seekers with relevant opportunities and helps them discover new possibilities. They have a fast-moving, data-driven UX team building the most popular job site on the planet. Their teams work in Seattle, San Francisco, Austin, Tokyo, Singapore and Hyderabad, collaborating with Product Managers and Engineering to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face everyday.
What Would You be Doing?
- This role is a mix of content strategy, content design, and UX writing. Must love both high-level strategy and hands-on writing to be successful.
- You'll move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail. You'll use your strong analysis skills and content design principles to ensure content aligns with both user goals and business objectives.
- You will also be responsible for ensuring all content you create supports the most usable, consistent, inclusive, and delightful experience for Indeed’s users. You'll identify content opportunities and low-performing areas and prioritize those for improvements. Excellent communication and presentation skills and an open, collaborative attitude will ensure success when you engage with partners from across all company disciplines.
- Drive a consistent content experience for all communications, balancing user needs, business objectives, and technology constraints to create the highest quality, best possible experience.
- Prioritize content needs in an iterative approach, balancing speed to ship with quality.
- Develop a strategy for how to reduce fraud across various product surfaces and communication channels
- Lead (or co-lead) workshops, design sprints, and other discovery exercises to help craft an anti-fraud vision.
- Perform heuristic evaluations, content audits, or competitive analyses of existing content experiences to identify areas of potential improvement.
- Create information architecture frameworks, wireframes, taxonomies, content governance documentation, style guidelines, and priority guides to communicate the overall content plan.
- Create templates and guidelines for notification channels that other teams can use to create high quality, consistent content.
- Determine the most appropriate content (e.g., copy, data, images) and channel for all user touchpoints, including mobile and desktop products, email, push notifications, and text messages.
- Define how content should adapt to different user segments, personas, and intents.
- Partner with UX research to create meaningful research strategies to discover new content needs and evaluate existing content. May also lead research if resources or time constraints require it.
- In collaboration with product partners, craft success measures for content that are testable and provable.
- Interpret both qualitative and quantitative data and use it to make sound data-driven content decisions and design recommendations.
- Create content that follows all guidelines, including UX content, SEO, accessibility, design system, localization, and legal.
- Help define and evangelize the role of UX content at Indeed and in the broader community of content professionals.
- Assist in establishing, documenting, and socializing content best practices, governance, and processes.
- Lead critiques, office hours, pinups, etc. to provide actionable feedback to design teammates.
- May mentor, manage, and onboard junior team members and interns.
Who You Are
- BA in English, journalism, marketing, communications, or other relevant field or equivalent education and experience, with a minimum of 7 years of content strategy, content design, UX writing, or similar experience.
- A strategic thinker who develops long-term and results-oriented plans that will add value to our products.
- Understanding of design principles and how content fits into overall user experience, with proven ability to map content to user intent.
- Superior writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Passionate advocate for creating user-centered experiences while balancing business and user needs.
- Relish working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with designers, engineers, and product managers.
- Experience in Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, and Slides, and common design tools like Figma.
- Experience with a data-informed approach to content development, including qualitative (user testing, Full Story) and quantitative (A/B testing, analytics) data.
- Strong analytical, project management, and decision-making skills.
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from senior UX leaders and managers.
- Experience creating communications governance and process, as well as multi-channel communication strategies
- Experience with design and systems thinking
- Experience working with legal and getting content approvals across teams
About Our Client:
Our client's UX team is a multidisciplinary team of interaction, visual, and brand designers, content strategists, writers, researchers, and design technologists. They collaborate with Product Managers, Engineering, and partner design disciplines to deliver simple solutions to the real-world problems that job seekers and employers face hiring and getting hired. Most importantly, the team is expected to deliver results and to demonstrate the impact our changes have on our business.
What’s In It for You
- Join a thriving design organization of close to 500 designers. Our client understands the value of design, and they invest in resources and professional development. Their designers have direct influence over product strategy and roadmaps.
- Learn about data-driven design, with the opportunities to use quantitative and qualitative methods to find what is most valuable for our users. Experimentation and testing are embedded in our culture.
- “We help people get jobs.” Make a real-world impact at a global and mission-driven organization; they prioritize the experience of job seekers above all else.
- Work closely with incredibly talented individuals across all disciplines of UX: design, writing, development, and research.
- They value work/life balance, autonomy and independence. You're trusted to get work done in the way that works best for you and your team.