The Graphic & Digital Designer is a key contributor to the Content and Creative Studio team in creating compelling creative assets for digital and print. This person possesses a bold and modern design aesthetic with the ability to think and solve creative challenges. They’re also capable of collaborating and coordinating with other creative members of the team, as well as external partners, to ensure that creative is on-brand and consistent with the organization’s design and imagery guidelines.
This design position builds compelling online digital assets, off-line collateral, engaging motion graphics and video content. The job is fast paced – global emergencies happen without warning and we need to respond quickly, thoughtfully, and in a voice that is uniquely ours. The person best suited for this role will have a passionate interest for humanitarian causes, informed of world events as well as awareness for current design and marketing trends.
· Partner with all clients, both domestically and internationally, to conceptualize and implement compelling best-in-class design adjusting for local markets and languages.
· Be responsible for the design of digital and print projects, from conception to completion, including reports, marketing brochures, toolkits, social media assets, campaign collateral and special projects.
· Conceptualize and create engaging social media content including videos, motion graphics and animations from the storyboard stage to completed animation.
· Craft creative solutions to address our marketing, brand awareness and fundraising needs. Create materials that are visually engaging for donors, prospects and advocates.
· Provide visual brand oversight to global markets ensuring the use of our brand identity meets or exceeds guidelines. Maintain brand consistency throughout all projects.
· Develop and articulate compelling creative ideas/treatments with teams and for clients via mood-boards, storyboards and visual guidelines.
· Collaborate with the team's designers and Global Associate Director on visual content and provide support on digital design projects as needed.
· Act as liaison with outside vendors as needed
· Stay on track with emerging design trends and culture, attending events and engaging with the wider design community and report back to the team.
· Plus other assignments as needed by the Content & Creative Studio team.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Assoc. Director, Visual Design & UX
Other Internal and/or external contacts: The Graphic & Digital Designer is part of the Design function of the Content & Creative Studio in New York. They will work directly with IRC collaborators (internal) and, where indicated, with IRC Partners (external).