This is a f/t ongoing freelance assignment.
Aquent Studios x Adobe is a custom-built creative agency partnership that provides scalability with world-class talent to Adobe’s in-house studio and web team. This collaboration creates exciting opportunities to work with Aquent Studios and impact millions of customers, showcasing Adobe’s products via innovative storytelling and unique visual experiences.
We’re looking for a Mid-Sr 3D Animator to join the Aquent Studios x Adobe team to create world-class 2D & 3D animations to bring Adobe Studio’s brand and systems to life across multiple applications and surfaces. The animator will work on animated identity concepts and type treatments to expand Adobe’s brand visual system. They should feel comfortable in all stages of the 3D creation process from concept to delivery, and manage and meet target deadlines, while working either independently or in a collaborative team environment.
What you need to succeed:
● 5-8 years of experience in 3D animation
● Ability to rough out (drawn) storyboards
● Full understanding and strong executional skills of Adobe products, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects (with element 3D) and Premiere Pro, as well as plug-ins and scripting
● Proficient in Cinema 4D / Blender modeling, Illustrator, Photoshop, Substance and After Effects, Substance
● Familiar with the 3D animation pipeline and workflows
● Ability to accept feedback and redirect own work with limited supervision.
● Ability to articulate ideas in a manner that is clearly understood by senior creative and project management staff.
● Ability to collaborate with business stakeholders and creative partners to execute projects
● Strong demo reel(s) and portfolio of 3D work showcasing high levels of craftsmanship and artistic creativity
● Maintain up-to-date knowledge about latest techniques and advancements related to 3D
● Knowledge in color theory and typography
● Create motion graphics animations from concept to execution with quick turnaround, including, but not limited to brainstorm concepts, scripts, draft storyboards + allocating elements, animating, mixing VO/music, editing, and photo retouching if needed
● Create POC and sizzle reels to visualize concepts
● Translate design and direction from team members to animated assets in 2D & 3D
● Create sophisticated typographical animations
● Animate UI elements and transitions as part of POC development
● Build 3D models and animations of brand system assets
● Assemble final animations including editing, supers, VFX, and audio
● Ensure compliance with campaign objectives, branding guidelines, and quality standards
● Deliver final projects that meet or exceed stakeholder expectations on deadline
Required with application:
● Demo reel / portfolio showcasing 2D & 3D animation skills