Our creative and technology agency client is focused on understanding and changing audience behavior through deeply integrated brand experiences.
They are looking to add a Digital Strategist to their team — a person who will be responsible for collaborating with multiple internal teams to build strategic plans that drive the direction of how they bring ideas to life and effectively change behaviors of their audiences. They are the liaison between the messaging (creative) and the audience (through paid, owned, and earned media).
Digital Strategists partner with the team to determine how a brand strategy should come to life across a number of touchpoints in the consumer journey. Their responsibility is in the how and implementation of campaigns to achieve objectives and KPIs. They think about the mechanisms of a campaign, the strings they can pull for each tactic, and piece of content to drive the desired action.
- You geek out on creative & media strategies
- You never rest on your recommendations and can’t wait to see the next performance report so that your next idea will be even tighter
- You’re a generator of these ideas, who thrives when you can bring multiple people together to brainstorm ones that will move your clients’ brand forward
- If you’re in a media function, you love the audience research and insights, but hate publisher invoices
- You’re collaborative, ready to jump in and solve problems, offer help and insight at every turn
- You live with ambiguity because you know part of your job is to reduce that ambiguity for our clients through smart strategies
- Demonstrate a keen knowledge of client brands, brands equity, consumer definition and motivation
- Work with clients and internal client teams to translate brand strategies into plans designed to achieve defined KPIs/goals
- Partner with Brand Planners to build the consumer journey and desired touchpoints across that journey to achieve campaign objectives
- Brief subject matter experts (media, analytics, PR, marketing automation) on communications strategies to execute the creative idea/campaign tactics as outlined
- Partner with Media Strategists on channel strategies to best achieve communications tasks outlined by the Communications Planner
- Build campaign ecosystems and content strategies for buy-in with clients and as briefing material for delivery/communications teams that execute tactics
- Develop channel-specific content strategies (website, social platforms) for teams to execute content within
- Partner with brand planner to brief creative teams on content ideas or individual tactics as necessary
- Guide rapid optimization on campaigns, working cross-functionally on the communications planning team (i.e., with Social Managers and PR) and across other disciplines in the agency (analytics, media, creative)
- Develop cohesive storytelling presentations of communications plans to client teams for buy-in and selling of tactical approaches
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in strategic roles in agencies, working across integrated media, digital strategy, and/or connections planning
- Deep understanding of multiple roles that exist in an agency including Brand Planning, Media Planning, Analytics/Measurement
- Strategy development experience across brand, social, digital and campaign ecosystem/tactical strategy
- Strong understanding of how to pull brand strategies across every touchpoint of the customer journey
- Skilled at putting metrics in place and evaluating them regularly