Our client is a leader in the anime community across events, theatrical, games, consumer products, collectibles and manga publishing.
A Day in the Life of Our Senior Product Designer:
- Constantly develop a deeper empathy for our users. In partnership with our user research team, gain and apply user insights to new concepts and in-development designs. Ensure that design decisions are rooted in a clear understanding of user needs and motivations.
- Collaborate with product management, marketing, and business teams to define and drive projects from concept to production, ensuring user goals are represented.
- Drive the design of multiple features from concept through production. Handle the review process, both within the design department and with partner teams, to ensure an effective solution that meets the needs of the user and the business. Also, provide constructive input to the designs of other designers on your team.
- Collaborate closely with engineering to shepherd the design through implementation and launch to market.
- Participate in scrum activities, working closely with your Lead and program management to agree on priority, evaluate and estimate upcoming work, and report on progress.
- Exercise effective time management so you are always working on the right tasks and delivering on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or related field
- Portfolio showcasing your design work as well as your design process
- 8+ years of professional design experience
- Demonstrate a user-centered approach to designing software and services
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience with web application technologies
- Experience with living room/leanback experience design
- Skilled in design programs like Sketch, Figma, and Adobe Creative Suite
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an adept collaborator
- Effective storytelling skills and an ability to present design work
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Experience working with design systems, guidelines, and other standard methodologies
- Experience with prototyping
- Experience with coding
- Interest in anime, pop culture, animation, video games, tech and geekdom