This Digital Designer must have the ability to handle a variety of digital production/ design projects, working on a team of designers that will assist this talent, as well.
(Looking for DIGITAL Design as opposed to PRINT only skill set)
Must have a solid understanding of design principles, good knowledge of InDesign, web standards, use of negative space, knows how to design for Mobile first—be more confident in the space
Must be responsive, and collaborative with the ability to conceptualize as well as knock out quickly
Must have a tried-and-true method of working easily with templates
Must have an understanding of composite work, knowledge surrounding perspective
Skilled in Adobe CS (Photo, Illus, InDesign)
Must have an understanding of Trello (how the project management tool works, since there is a high volume of projects at any given time)
Great communication skills (written and oral)
RETAIL industry exp a plus, not required.
1-3yrs experience (production) in retail or agency environment preferred
2. Fluent in Adobe CS6 (Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) a must
3. Strong ability to version, resize & manipulate graphics
4. Work in fast-paced environment
5. Strong attention to detail
As our Digital Designer, you’ll be at the center of this transformation, working together with our team to help extend and improve our consumer experiences across the business. While it helps if you know us, what we really care about is that you have an unending curiosity for consumers, a passion for compelling creative and a skill at working across the organization to make things happen.
We’re on a mission to find a creative, deadline-oriented Digital Graphic Designer with excellent work ethic, problem-solving abilities and who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
This role requires interfacing and working with multiple departments in the company, making this position a great opportunity to learn many aspects of the business while putting your creative skills to work.
• Assist in the design execution and production of promotional + brand related content.
• Create high-quality print & digital deliverables, demonstrating the ability to balance design aesthetics with technical platform capabilities, limitations and other constraints.
• Apply style/brand guidelines and templates where applicable
• Assist Sr. Creative Manager, Digital Manager and various team members in creating elements for various channels and apply design principles such as color, typography, photographic selection, organizing elements and usability.
• Present rationale for design choices; assure design meets business objectives as stated in creative brief
• Help advance the creative quality of Total Wine & More’s advertising and marketing vehicles.
You should have:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, or related field preferred
Experience is important. To set you apart:
• 3-5 years multi-channel design experience
• Strong Design Digital portfolio
• Experience in interface design principles including color theory, interactivity, typography and photography
These characteristics will help you fit in:
• Sound base in retail advertising (Print, Web & E-Marketing)
• Experience with brainstorming and conceptualizing advertising messages a plus.
• Proven track record of creating successful multi-channel experiences to build brands.
• Versatility, proven ability to work across multiple media types while recognizing vehicle capabilities & limitations.
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite software
• Proficiency in Microsoft Operating systems and MS Office.
• A good balance between creative innovation and the need to meet business requirements.
• The ability to manage projects from the concept to implementation.
• The capacity to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• The talent to build collaborative relationships.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Flexibility & adaptability to change.
• Ability to work independently, but comfortable taking direction.