As an essential addition to the existing development team, the Lead Front End Developer will work closely with a group of talented developers to build a variety of apps and platforms that enable visualization of medical information and devices, healthcare tools, and state of the art 3D medical animation. Some key attributes of the role are:
- Reporting to the Technical Director, develop innovative applications using modern web-based technologies tailored to the needs of the global pharmaceutical and medical device industry.
· Provide technical leadership to the web development team through the full software development lifecycle including hands-on design, development, and code review sessions.
- Ensure the development team delivers high quality software leveraging best practices, industry standards and best of breed tools.
- Partner closely with our design and UX teams, to produce intuitive applications that provide a seamless user experience.
· Be able to think BIG and deliver iteratively at the same time.
- Be great at communicating ideas, as well as considering other’s ideas.
· Actively participate in hands-on design, development, and code review sessions.
· Create easily testable and maintainable software.
· Work with the team to continually improve the CI/CD pipeline.
· Create and maintain documentation of infrastructure, best practices, and technical solutions.
· Rapidly build proof of concepts that quickly validates concepts and ideas.
· Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
· Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Skills & Experience
● hands-on experience in leading a development team including providing technical leadership, creating solution designs, guiding and mentoring junior team members.
● Ability to liaise with non-development team leads in work prioritization, scoping & estimation and solutioning discussions.
● Full SDLC responsibilities:writing specs, designing and implementing code, testing, & deployments.
● BA/BS in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent software development experience.
● Experience building apps for iOS and Android with hybrid app frameworks is a plus (e.g. PhoneGap, Ionic).
● Strong knowledge of design principles – OOD, Design Patterns, N-tier architecture, TDD.
● Strong understanding of CMS systems (e.g. Drupal, Sitecore etc).
● Building client/server interactions using defined schemas such as JSON API.
● Experience in NodeJS framework & libraries, build tools and their role in the software deployment life cycle.
● Implementation experience of UX and UI integration with an emphasis on maximizing usability.
● Experience using iterative software development methodologies like SCRUM, Kanban.
● Familiarity with database technologies – SQL Server, NoSQL etc.
● Unit testing preferably MS Test. NUnit, Jasmine/Karma.
Nice to Have:
● A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
● Understanding and implementation of security and data protection.
● Experience with continuous integration and deployment.