••• 10-20 Formal writing samples of previous blog articles, website copy, thought leadership and/or SEO-optimization projects must be submitted along with resume •••
We’re looking for innovative, motivated, creative writing talent to support our Marketing department’s in-house Creative Services team as a freelance digital content copywriter. Working remotely, this writer will support the business and marketing needs of the organization and brand. Working in conjunction with the teams’ digital content strategist, designers, copywriters and project manager, this person will primarily write and edit copy for the lead-driving blogs. In this role, you will be writing and editing SEO-optimized copy for: digital content, website, and landing pages, thought leadership, Resource Hub (blog) articles, social media and more. The ideal candidate will have a background in marketing, communications, journalism or agency copywriting experience with the ability to quickly write SEO-optimized and effective copy that informs, engages, and motivates the digital reader to deliver on business goals.
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in English, Journalism, or Marketing along with Three (3) to five (5) years experience writing marketing copy for SEO
10-20 Formal writing samples of previous blog articles, website copy, thought leadership and/or SEO-optimization projects must be submitted along with resume
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in English, Journalism, or Marketing
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience writing and editing marketing copy
- Experience in the education industry (preferred) or other highly-regulated field Knowledge of and experience with crafting SEO-optimized content, webpages, interactive online experiences, and other digital assets
- Knowledge of optimizing writing for SEO/SEM preferred, especially SEO to drive clicks and conversions Writing for the web that is persuasive and that leverages catchy headlines, linking strategies, and CTAs
- Understanding of messaging for current and future digital trends across platforms
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills, including knowledge and adaptability of various editorial style guides and tones
- Experience writing compelling, polished long- and short-form content Ability to accurately communicate turnaround times for new projects and proactively communicate status of existing projects
- Ability to consult with internal constituents and draw information from others; produce written materials as required with permissions & legalities
- Proven ability to prioritize, manage multiple assignments at once and meet deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with attention to detail. High level of proficiency in MS-Office products (PowerPoint, Word)