This globally recognized client who serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing, is looking for an interim Sr. UX Product Designer.
This role is based in NYC and for the time being is remote, laptop will be provided, 40 hours, 6 months with opportunity to extend/convert, laptop provided by client, healthcare provided, paid sick time, 401k.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- The client shares they are off to a great start with their diverse line of class-leading mobile banking and online banking apps. Next, they want to go beyond convenience to help their customers be in control of their finances. To that end, they are looking for world-class designers who believe in the power of design to transform customers' lives.
- As Sr. UX Product Designer on the growing consumer focused Self-Service Account Management Team (Researchers, Developers, Design Managers, Content Strategy, Lead UX Designers, Product Owners) you will help make digital banking simple and easy to use by creating innovating design for web and mobile experiences and be responsible for all stages of UX design and must think strategically while executing with great attention to detail.
- Putting the needs first is their top and as Sr. UX Product Designer, you’ll be responsible for helping shape the direction of their growing team. Working as a valued member of a multidisciplinary design team, you’ll be involved in complex projects, and will participate in user research and design end-to-end experiences and develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- In addition to primary project work, you'll contribute to new and developing design systems such as their pattern visual design, and motion library. You’ll hone your communication skills by presenting your work to diverse stakeholders and the broader technology organization.
- In this highly visible role, you will work with product management and UX researchers to understand the customers, their motivation and behavioral analytics.
- You will also create prototypes and participate in usability research to iterate and refine your designs, create detailed visual wireframes for web and mobile banking experiences, work with developers to realize and polish user experiences.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- BFA or BA along with 5-8 years of experience designing product customer experiences
- Portfolio which demonstrates your design approach and of user-centered product solutions
- Someone who is excited about solving real life problems with experience in the financial services or similar industry a plus
- Payment experience is ideal, experience in mobile design, you have worked with Scrum teams
- Experience across multiple release cycles working closely with design, product management + development teams to realize experiences designs using agile project management
- Must have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, absolute comfort working with HTML and CSS, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and proven expertise in designing for the Web/Digital experiences.
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs, ability to develop and sustain effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders, and effectively communicate design solutions.
- Must have the ability to successfully collaborate with other designers, product managers, and tech engineers to develop innovative, user- friendly, products as well as provide solutions for critical areas within the user-flow.
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org