- Location: Currently work-from-home due to COVID, but must be located in NYC market as this will return to office.
- Opportunity: Temp to perm for right candidate based on performance.
Aquent’s F500, multi-national insurance & financial services industry client based in NYC seeks a new Head of Social Media Communications for its Life & Retirement line of business.
Must have insurance/financial services and social media background. This is less of marketing role, more social media and communications role.
Responsible for outputs on social media presence, Facebook, Twitter etc. This role will be key in rolling all platforms under person/unified group. This will require the the Head of Social Media to coordinate with other team members on this role, working across company.
The ideal candidate might have experience as media relations at insurance/financial services companies. Needs to know content creation, write captions and posts, understand complicated products and simplify them for media presentation.
What you’ll do:
Devise, develop and execute Life & Retirement (L&R)-wide social media strategy and program to support overall marketing and communications goals and objectives through increased engagement and advocacy of our online content. This begins with awareness and funnels down to lead generation and sales enablement.
Develop, enhance and maintain current social properties, while simultaneously identifying and expanding into new platforms where appropriate.
Work closely with colleagues from all areas of marketing, to adapt, develop and create social content to target key stakeholders externally, as well as employees.
Role would also be responsible for: creating authentic online voice for L&R; creating influencer strategy, increasing engagement and performance of L&R social content; [developing] enhancing Social Ambassador program; partnering with colleagues to develop SEO and Keywords strategy for L&R brand; increasing website traffic through targeted content program and deploying sophisticated data and analytics program.
Curating key executives’ online profiles, for example, obtaining Influencer status for a key executive’s LinkedIn, and increasing their profile on the platform.
What you’ll need:
- Strong Communications / Social Media / Media Relations background (7+ years)
- Content strategy and writing skills (for social)
- Financial and/or insurance industry experience
- Collaborative workstyle – able to work well with multiple teams and stakeholders
- Comfortable taking on projects independently and running with them
- Bachelor degree in Communications or related area (Masters is a PLUS)