Johnson & Johnson Design has offices in Chelsea. While they are currently working remotely, they would like candidates who are comfortable coming into the office 1-2/week once they reopen.
We are Johnson & Johnson, the most recognized health and personal care company in the world. Founded in 1886, J&J is a Fortune 50 company with nearly 135,000 employees in more than 275 companies across 60 countries. We blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. This is our purpose. This is what sets us apart.
The J&J Design Studio (JJD) works globally across the Company’s business segments: Consumer, Pharma, Medical Device and Corporate. By utilizing the power of design, we optimize the user experience for consumers, employees, healthcare providers and patients.
We are not a traditional design studio. Because we collaborate with our business partners at the inception of new product development, we are able to apply design thinking and craft creative solutions to products being developed.
We are committed to creating an authentic and inclusive environment where you will thrive both personally and professionally.
You are both enthusiastic and focused – with the talent and skillset to transform communications into a major support for consumer brands.
Working in close collaboration with digital and brand designers, brand and community managers and development teams, you will champion and become both the ‘thinker and doer’, creating strategic communications from concept through launch.
As a collaborator, you have the ability to engage with a wide range of partners successfully. As a strategic talent, you have an ability to connect and analyze disparate inputs into actionable frameworks, written formats and digital channels that will grow our brands.
You are a self-starter and an inspiration with fresh ideas and new approaches. You think big and love to bring new ideas to life. You have a high level of purpose and will only deliver excellence in work quality. You also toggle easily between concept development and superior executions and are considered a talented and creative problem solver.
- You will develop, define, and generate relevant, consumer-centric strategies that will drive compelling and intuitive content achieving communication goals across multiple disciplines.
- You’ll create clear, comprehensive editorial calendars, content style guides and messaging frameworks across multiple brands and platforms.
- You are comfortable conducting content audits and gap analyses.
- You naturally cultivate promising ideas, define thematic and conceptual opportunity areas, and navigate their development through complex organizational decision-making processes to execute against the strategy.
- You advance and evolve the content through creation of campaigns, copy, taglines and headlines.
- Collaborating with other design capabilities, you will contribute to creating cohesive brand experiences across multiple touchpoints.
- You will maintain and contribute to the development of business partner relationships.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field; a graduate degree is a plus but not required
- 4 - 7 years of content strategy or directly related experience is required, and preferably at a major digital agency or consumer-focused brand
- Portfolio must demonstrate the ability to deliver content strategy and consumer-friendly copy for digital channels (e.g., websites, social media, digital shelf and/or mobile apps, etc). Experience informing packaging content is a plus, but not required
- Proven success at transforming business objectives into a plan and deliverables that uses content as a primary means of goal achievement is required
- Ability to inspire, persuade, grow, and lead project teams
- Demonstrated ability to manage complexity successfully, e.g., work experience with complex projects where you can show your role and impact
- The ideal candidate will have experience with consumer-packaged goods in categories such as: skin care, baby care, hair care, oral care, wound care, OTCs, etc.
Please include the link to your online portfolio on your resume and with your application to be considered for the position.
Above all else
- Friendly, thoughtful and perpetually curious
- Humble to your core with a sharp emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust, even when communicating a dissenting point of view