This nationally recognized client who serves nearly half of America’s households with a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing, is looking for an interim User Experience Design Lead for an online payments.
This role is remote for a client and candidate who are based in NYC, 40 hours, 6 months with opportunity to extend/convert, laptop provided by client, healthcare provided, paid sick time, 401k.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Our client is expanding their team in New York City and are looking for an energetic, articulate and experienced User Experience Design Lead for an online payments to help design the world of Merchant Services.
- You have a passion for creating simple, beautiful solutions to complex problems. You obsess over understanding the customer and their context, enjoy creating user flows + prototypes to explore concepts and tell the story behind your design. You are detailed orientated and an expert in the latest trends in modern web and mobile application design. You have worked on multi-platform designs in the past. You understand and are skilled in balancing innovation with consistency.
- In this role, you will help lead the digital transformation by designing and delivering experiences for customers that are simple and secure. As part of this team, you will have the opportunity to impact millions of people in a deeper, more engaged way by working on everything from our online banking and mobile app to emerging payments.
- You will be responsible for all stages of UX design and must think strategically while executing with great attention to detail. Must have the ability to successfully collaborate with other designers, product managers, and tech engineers to develop innovative, user- friendly, products as well as provide solutions for critical areas within the user-flow.
- Help define the user model(s) and user interface for new and existing products and features. Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions.
- Liaise with Product Managers to define design requirements, lead workshops with designers, researchers and internal stakeholders to identify key problems to solve and gather feedback.
- Design new concept strategies for future state product features, lead cross-functionally within the team and with stakeholders, advocate for users throughout the product development lifecycle
- Review graphics, layouts and fonts before products are completed, finalize and deliver wireframes, redlines and ADA spec designs, follow release deadlines to ensure timely delivery of work
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5-8 years of experience designing customer experiences and shipping products
- Experience across multiple release cycles working closely with design, product management + development teams to realize experiences designs using agile project management
- Experience creating wireframes and visual design documents (comps, redlines) for shipping products.
- Must have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, absolute comfort working with HTML and CSS, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and proven expertise in designing for the Web/Digital experiences.
- Experience designing for finance, banking, payment-related spaces is nice to have
- Ability to synthesize complex, interdependent, and sometimes competing needs, ability to develop and sustain effective and cooperative working relationships with peers, managers and other internal or external stakeholders, and effectively communicate design solutions across roles & levels
- Thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented, cross-functional environment with distributed teams across in New York, Delaware, Texas and India
- BFA or BA in related field graduate design degree preferred
- Portfolio which demonstrates your design approach and delivery of user-centered product solutions
- Experience in the financial services or similar industry a plus
What is it like working with AQUENT? I’m glad you asked! Freelancing long-term with AQUENT gets you access to some pretty cool things including:
- Subsidized health & dental benefits after your first (4) weeks of work (averaging at least 20 hrs/wk)
- Access to Fidelity 401(k), access to FSA Program; direct deposit for your paycheck; access to our Talent Rewards Program (we reward for referrals!)
- Free online courses via Aquent’s Gymnasium, to help you develop your skills
- AQUENT support: your AQUENT Agent checks in with you during the course of your contract to make sure you’re happy and progressing according to your expectations (we’re also there to be looking for new opportunities for you when you’re close to wrapping up)
That’s it! The rest is up to you, if you are interested in this amazing opportunity please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org