As a UX Writer, you will work with Content Strategists to develop content recommendations for digital features and carry out recommendations with content design and UX copy.
You’ll work collaboratively with Content Strategists, UX designers, visual designers, and experience managers to create experiences our customers can understand, use and enjoy. In addition to shaping products, you’ll shape process, coaching others in best practices and demonstrating the value of Content Strategy and UX writing in customer-centered experiences.
The Design Team shapes brand-defining experiences for a range of consumer-facing products and services. One in three Americans uses our client's services, so your work will have a meaningful impact at a massive scale.
- Understand the broader user’s journey with a product, and define and create clear, concise and on-brand content that helps users understand and interact with digital products.
- Ensure product content aligns to overall Content Strategy, brand strategy and brand voice and tone guidelines.
- Write and edit UX copy – from higher level messaging and naming to copy in conversational interfaces, product copy, enrollment flows, notifications, transactional flows, error messages and more.
- Audit, gather and analyze existing content across our digital ecosystem and identify and implement recommendations for improving content.
- Partner with design researchers to define research goals, create research stimuli and translate findings into plans of action that drive refinements.
- Collaborate on the development of content style guides, content, and messaging strategies, best practices and processes.
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience in UX writing and content design for a diverse range of web and mobile experiences.
- UX writing with app experience.
- A portfolio of relevant work.
Even better if you have:
- A degree In English, Communications, Professional & Technical Writing, Design, or related field.
- Knowledge of Sketch, Invision, and related design tools.
- Experience working in Agile or with sprint-based tasks and deadlines.
- Capabilities in secondary areas including UX design, visual design, research, information architecture, content engineering.
- Experience with human-centered design and research methodologies.