Our client's goal is to a create best-in-class environment for their global CTO team. This team is 50,000 members strong, and this position would join an ambitious program that brings a voice of the Engineer to transform our tooling and processes, and untangle complex problems from ideation to delivery across the Software Development Lifecycle.
This team is a growing team of UX specialists and UX generalists. As part of this team, you'll be driving user-centered design and modern development practices within product teams, using lean UX principles, spearheading design thinking workshops, and delivering solutions that help to improve the lives of people we work with across our product lines. This comes naturally to you, as evangelizing the user and continuous improvement are in your blood. You can turn something ambiguous into something actionable, and are open to scrapping your work and starting again. You'll work with other designers in creation and critique, and be proactively promoting pairing with designs, development and PMs/POs to deliver strong value-adding solutions with measurable outcomes. You'll openly discuss topics like ethics in design and cognitive bias in new technologies, and show your product teams why those topics matter.
What you'll do:
* Research, design, prototype user-centric designs with rapid testing and iteration
* Support Software Engineers and Product teams to evolve designs during discovery and understand how designs translate to delivery / implementation
* Design and innovate solutions within our product areas like Artificial Intelligence model creation, Data Design, IT Service Management, DevOps and Continuous Integration
* Understand and apply accessibility to designs
* Communicate and articulate the value of UX and the rationale behind your research process and design decisions, bringing the team along your journey
* Support the Experience team in building out outcome-driven best practices that have strong roots in the methodology
Responsible for all stages of UX design and must think strategically while executing with great attention to detail. Must have the ability to successfully collaborate with other designers, product managers, and tech engineers to develop innovative, user- friendly, products as well as provide solutions for critical areas within the user-flow. Must have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, absolute comfort working with HTML and CSS, excellent visual design skills, great technical know-how, and proven expertise in designing for the Web/Digital experiences. Help define the user model(s) and user interface for new and existing products and features. Develop high level and/or detailed storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas. Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and making constructive suggestions for change. Concept and develop new and engaging experiences for the user base.