Top 3 Skills:
- Accounts/Program Management:
- The ability to understand strategy and translate into actionable outcomes.
- Understand the core foundations of merchandising and be able to execute those ideas.
- High attention to detail and accuracy with every project this candidate takes on.
Nice to Haves:
- Strong software knowledge, Microsoft office suite, space planning tool, candidates need to be able to interpret strategies but can also do the tactical work.
- Local candidates preferred.
The primary function of the Retail Visual Merchandising Manager to drive the overall look and feel of the company retail experiences, implementing merchandising reset activities, and leading merchandising positioning conversation with external partners that support the company strategy. Partnering closely with cross-functional internal and external teams. The Retail Visual Merchandising Manager ensures the Visual Merchandising strategy is aligned to company priorities to create customer experiences that translate into brand loyalty and sales.
The Retail Visual Merchandising Manager guides other teams to drive the brand experience and messaging by means of global merchandising, product management, customer insights, marketing and other cross-functional teams. They will partner with the Retail Team leadership to drive the channel merchandising strategy and plan product launches activities, develop merchandising life cycle management, transfer knowledge of key messages, and share merchandising intelligence in the assigned accounts. They will present to executive team members account assigned merchandising in relation to key product launches and promotional periods.
• Bachelor's Degree with 8-10+ years’ experience preferably in marketing, business, or project management; an MBA preferred
• Leading cross-functional teams in retail merchandising strategies
• Minimum of 5 years in field sales or account teams
• Experience in the telecommunications and/or wireless industry requiring management of account management, program management, business planning, project management, or equivalent work experience in planning or operations
• Space Planning, Visual Merchandising, and Retail Operation experiences in corporate environment desired
• Client management experience preferred
• Strong aesthetic, visual design, and presentation skills
• Must have demonstrable experience in developing presentations using a variety of PC applications, including word processing, spreadsheet, and PowerPoint
• Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Space Planning tools (i.e. JDA, One Door), Render Software experience preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Lead highly visible merchandising programs. Define program value proposition that generate sales through: sales management, demand generation and promotions marketing
• Establish, deepen and sustain key relationships with account team leaders to understand their strategic business objectives to support merchandising plans
• Develop, gain leadership alignment and execute merchandising plans for each account.
• Leads cross-functional teams with representatives from various SEA functional areas, including HQ, Account Teams, Retail, Marketing and Consumer Insights to develop a differentiated merchandising plan for each assigned account
• Create efficiencies with existing processes, improving implementation in stores, and innovating merchandising
• Be subject matter expert on account specific merchandising executions. Drive life-cycle activity taking current state to optimal future state representing the brand and customer experience
• Develop knowledge of security device parts, function and installation requirements for assigned accounts
• Drive live-set testing of devices, visual elements and security to ensure successful GTM execution based on planograms and design renderings. Identify gaps. Seek out solutions with cross-functional partners when needed
• Responsible for creating reports and communications including deployment instructions, packlists and presentations to leadership
• Lead and support special projects as assigned including National Retail Meetings and product launch activities
Necessary Skills and Attributes:
• History of managing ambiguity and complexity, working well under stress
• Ability to listen well, think strategically and creatively to solve problems, gain alignment and gain action through influence
• Process-oriented, with ability to flex from high-level strategy to fine attention to detail
• Exceptional oral presentation skills with proven ability to adapt approach based on audience; comfort presenting to a diverse audience from C-level executives to retail sales associates
• Excels in judgment for balancing competing priorities and advance what matters most to the organization.
• Analytical problem-solving and strategic thinking skills; quantitative analysis skills with ability to develop and deliver a compelling story with data to support position.
• The ability to work either independently or in a team environment to achieve personal and team project goals, including the completion of assignments within and exceeding established timeframes
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between 50% - 95% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable (90%+) work utilizing high visual acuity/detail, numeric/character distinction, and moderate hand/finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenge, some language barriers and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment and work aids include PCs, printers, copiers, faxes, and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Role requires domestic and international travel 25%-30%. Consistently demonstrates a commitment to policies and procedures, including but not limited to, attendance, confidentiality, conflict of interest and ethical responsibilities.