Designers at our client have a passion for solving complex problems.
They are human-centered in their approach to design and feel comfortable advocating for user needs.
They are curious and demonstrate a passion for learning. They are capable of generating ideas and prototyping concepts that are anchored in research insights, subject knowledge, technology requirements, and business goals.
They have an exuberant passion for the power of strategic design and an “anything is possible” mindset.
They take pride in their work and yet they have a humble approach.
They contribute to projects end-to-end, meaning they are comfortable flexing from research to strategy and concept to delivery. They employ design thinking methods to uncover insights that help inform design decisions.
They are excellent communicators and feel comfortable presenting their design decisions to colleagues and stakeholders.
As a User Experience / Product Designer on the Integrated Experiences Design team, you will collaborate closely with your design team, as well as strategists, developers, system architects, product managers, and business stakeholders to strategize, design, and develop the internal platforms that are transforming how our associates work with data.
Our goal is to free time, space, and doubt in the minds of our associates to allow them to deliver truly innovative experiences to our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to work on high-impact experiences that are transforming the future of banking for good.
A typical day in the life of a UX/UI/Product Designer at our client:
● Collaborate with tech leads, product managers, developers, system architects, and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, design, and testing of new product concepts
● Build empathy and be an advocate for our customers through participation in human-centered research and design
● Translate user needs, style guides, and requirements into elegant solutions for complex problems through coded prototypes, mock ups and other hi fidelity elements
● Collaborate with designers in other lines of business to establish patterns and best practices at a platform level
● Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
● Utilize Lean and Agile methodologies
● Present design concepts and research findings to partners and senior leadership