Our large financial payments company has a long term role for a Technical Writer in Arlington, VA. This position involves delivery of technical content and publications about the Clients' products and services for our customers. The Senior Technical Writer will be focused on creating and delivering digital content. The position involves performing all stages of processes to publish technical content in online, mobile, and printed formats. It also includes researching, evaluating, selecting, and implementing new enterprise-wide processes and technologies.
• Do you enjoy working on a customer focused team interfaces with business partners across the globe?
• Are you passionate about technology and finding new ways of doing things that challenge the status quo?
• Do you enjoy finding new solutions for delivering digital content?
•Accountable for the successful completion of high-quality projects within the technical writing function
• Create, organize and update API, Darwin Information Type Architecture (DITA) based, XML, and other emerging content management technologies according to information model and markup guidelines
• Partner with developers to construct API developer tools and content to ensure consistency of language and product references
•Ensure updates are made to content in accordance to writing standards
• Manage day-to-day writing and publishing needs to deliver content online for consumption through multiple channels including Web and mobile
• Serve as a subject matter expert capable of independently resolving most issues while keeping senior leaders informed of any potential risk
• Collaborate with internal resources and business partners to drive the design of a content framework that meets end user requirements and increases reusability of content through profiling, topic reuse, relationship tables, and Ditamaps
• Establish and communicate standards for information types, structures, and assembly so that content is organized logically with the end-user in mind
• Lead projects/initiatives as an individual contributor
• Provide architectural and technical guidance to less experienced team members
All About You:
• Advanced experience with Markdown and HTML syntax and concepts
• Experience with oXygen, IxiaSoft, XML Author and other XML management tools
• Experience or familiarity with XML, PDF, HTML, DITA, OTK, XSLT and XSL-FO
• Taxonomy knowledge
• Ability to problem-solve and troubleshoot independently
• Exhibit the highest degree of professionalism, accountability, and empowerment to drive results
• Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills
• Technologically savvy, spearheading innovation through ingenuity, creativity, and thoughtful risks
• Adaptable to dynamic change and ambiguity thriving in a fast-paced environment
• Team player, ability to interact and consult with all levels throughout the organization to cultivate and expand partnerships
• Experience with Microsoft Office products