Our IT Consulting client is looking to bring on a small team of freelance technical writers to produce content for a newly rebranded website:
Start = ASAP, on/around end of January
Duration = at least 3 months with a likely extension based on performance
Freelance / onsite / NYC
*After this project kicks off our client is ok with you working “semi remotely.”
The most important expertise that these technical writers/content creators will need to have are:
- Knowledge of infrastructure engineering & cloud
- Previously have written for software companies, preferably within the SaaS space
- Have an understanding, in order to explain, why the SaaS model is better than an on-prem solution in order to show value of our services and specific approach
- We need to build a content creation engine to get our story and our message out as quickly as possible. We are currently lacking good communication to our customers and prospects, so these copywriters/content creators, will be the voice of our brand.
- These writers/content creators will need to be able to interview us and our team, do research and independently weave together the appropriate messaging around our offering and explain why we are unique.
- These will be writers that can take our story, mix it in with research from 3rd parties like Gartner, Forrestor IDC and other analysts from the industry and produce content for us that we will use in blogs, white papers, articles, sales materials and social media communications.
- We will need technical writers that can understand our space and speak at a business level to C level leadership, with business case type of dialogue.
- And we will also need folks that can then, go somewhat deeper when we are looking to produce more technical content, focused towards the hands on technical audience, with more in depth, ‘”how to” type of content.