Instructional Designer/Digital Media Curator
Do you like to engage your colleagues through learning, helping ensure they are prepared to adopt and understand complex technology ideas and programs? Do you thrive on building curricula that engage employees and help them increase their technology skillsets to help drive business forward? Do you have experience helping others navigate through organizational change during technology transformations? If you have proven corporate learning & development and Organizational Change Management experience and know what it takes to be an internal consultant and can successfully lead a team, we are your next destination employer! Apply to join our clients Information Technology division as our newest Instructional Designer/Digital Media Curator.
• Build and maintain strong relationships with key business stakeholders, subject matter experts, vendors and the corporate L&D team to drive instructional design and content development practices
• Recommend learning solutions and learning modalities based on analysis of learning goals, organizational and technological constraints, and budget and schedule considerations.
• Provide lifecycle support recommendations and documentation for learning solutions.
Curriculum Development and Training Operations
• Analyze and identify the training and development needs of employees.
• Determine key development needs by aligning data and analytics with strategic imperatives to achieve desired outcomes.
• Keep informed of best-in-class and current trends and make recommendations to create a more impactful learning experience.
• Organize complex information into hierarchies, flows, taxonomies, or other structures to clearly convey information to learners.
• Use a variety of learning modalities to optimize learning experiences.
• Develop conceptual documents and other documentation to support learning solutions.
• Develop innovative formative and summative evaluation tools.
• Develop learning solution documentation (e.g., storyboards, job aids, design plan documents).
• Consult with stakeholders to gather requirements and document concepts, processes, work tasks, and related subject matter.
• Draft scripts, narration, text and other content for learning solutions.
• Conduct research on current pedagogy and related fields.
Digital Media Curation
• Develop scenario driven learning experiences.
• Develop complex simulations or games.
• Develop interactive techniques to increase engagement.
• Develop exploratory learning solutions.
• Develop documentation regarding requirements.
• Incorporate media components (e.g., videos, images, animations or interactive elements) into learning products (e.g., traditional classroom, synchronous and asynchronous online training, web based training, games and simulations, structured on-the-job training, intelligent tutoring systems, job aids, testing, instructional videos).
• Prepare and integrate course materials into Virtual Learning applications and tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Education, Instructional Systems Design, Educational Technology or
Organizational Change Management (OCM)
- Demonstrated experience identifying change impacts based on technology or process changes and gathering supporting data to create recommendations for change management activities
- Experience leading leadership alignment activities (i.e., workshops, alignment sessions, focus groups, interviews) and demonstrated ability to analyze findings and create reports that can inform change management tactics
- Demonstrated experience crafting change management strategies based on change impacts and organizational change readiness assessments
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and agile frameworks while delivering change management solutions
• 5+ years of related experience in the Learning & Development field, with complementary experience (e.g., technology curriculum development, onboarding, recruiting) preferred
• Demonstrated experience developing learning modules using COTS and GOTS software (e.g.: MS Office Suite, Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate, Blackboard, Saba, KZO or similar) portfolio may be requested
• Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials and content to include creating instructor-led materials, online/e-learning modules, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic, audio), and other training materials
• Ability to apply adult learning principles and incorporate this into curriculum design and development
• Experience working with and integrating the use of knowledge bases and online reference for learning and performance support
• Strong program manager with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, and develop, and manage projects
• Experience on leading projects for an entire group or department, or a major piece of a larger cross company product or project
• Experience using data collection, research, and analysis to evaluate project outcomes and improve individual and organizational performance
• Prior “Big 4” consulting firm experience
• Master's degree
• Strong communication and presentation skills
Keys to success in this role:
• Strong analytical and strategic mindset
• Resilience and flexibility during a rapidly changing organization
• Ability to manage conflict and build strong working relationships, internal and external to the organization, across all levels of personnel
• Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
• Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
• Flexibility in balancing competing priorities and quickly turning around deliverables in a continuously changing business and work environment