A multidisciplinary design office working with a number of top tier companies on brand design and design-led business development is seeking a Jr./Mid Level UX Designer to join as integral part of our day-to-day operations, long-term development and growth.
More about the company: award-winning brand design and development firm that takes a consumer centric, design-based approach to helping customers innovate and grow their businesses. We excel at brand innovation, brand creation, new product development, consumer experience, environmental design and supply chain management. We create new companies and brands, expand and extend existing brands, and design the products, services, spaces, and experiences that bring them to life.
- Permanent opportunity
- Located in Chelsea
- Report To: Creative Director
- Client: Retail company specializing in home improvement
- Project: working in the home decor and tools area, helping the brand recreate the functionality of tools
The Jr./Mid Level UX Designer must have a solid understanding of graphic design, web technologies, and have a hand’s on approach towards their work. They must have strong communication skills and a firm grasp of design programs such as the Adobe creative suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Experience Design), Sketch and more. Jr./Mid Level UX designers must have the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and a willingness to keep their skills and industry knowledge current. They will frequently assist the Senior UX Designer to make sure the project is being implemented correctly and that all needs are being met.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Work with Senior UX Designer to optimize products and services for a range of clients
- Conduct user research and usability testing to ensure all designs met client and user requirements
- Analyze all research and feedback to gain user insight in order to incorporate into new designs
- Assist in the production of concept sketches, prototypes, interaction designs etc. using Adobe Illustrator and Adobe InDesign
- Help to create clean and simple user-centered designs
- Work with developers and designers to build user-friendly mobile apps
- Assist the Senior UX Designer in creating design rationale, specifications and anything else they may need
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3-5 years of experience
- Strong communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, esp. InDesign
- Experience working in fast paced start up environments, leading and managing multiple teams (especially technology, creative, media, strategy and product development)
- Experience with interactive projects is required including, app development, web development and display advertising
- Experienced with multiple campaign lifecycles from business development to final delivery
- Experience in applying marketing analytics, marketing automation and customer insights to brand strategy, campaign planning and field marketing is a plus.