Looking for a Sr./Lead UX Designers deliver to join a team of 5 other experience designers who create world-class user experiences and conceptualize, design, and prototype new features as well as re-imagine and refactor existing ones. Ideal candidate should enjoy every aspect of user-centered design and have heavy experience with wireframing, prototyping, visual design, research and designing across platforms and devices. Must have an aptitude for managing complex problems and constraints not often encountered in consumer-facing user experiences.
This team of UX designers works with customers first, and secondly engineers, product management, and customer support to determine design requirements, create prototypes, and provide feedback to constantly improve products.
**Must have a portfolio that has the following: Data Visualization, Mobile First Design, and Enterprise/Dashboard. The team wants to see the thought process and commentary NOT just the wireframing and visual** This is 6 months minimum up to a year or potentially longer.
20% Planning + Analysis:
- Communicates with key user and operational groups to understand business needs
- Elicits ideas and assists team members with gaining shared understanding, and aligns the product team and stakeholders
- Presents design concepts, user needs, and design rationale to multidisciplinary teams, as well as to key stakeholders and business partners
80% Delivery + Execution:
- Analyzes quantitative and qualitative data and provides recommendations to address business needs
- Collaborates and pairs with other product team members (UX, engineering, and product management) in an end-to-end design process
- Creates designs such that information is easy to find, consume, and understand
- Communicates ideas and designs to end user and product team members
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern software design and development core practices
- 5+ year’s experience designing digital products with at least 2 years developing UX solutions for B2B platforms and customers.
- Expertise in creating responsive designs for multiple contexts and device types (e.g., desktop, mobile, tablet)
- Expertise in standard design and prototyping tools including Figma, Sketch, InVision and Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise in balancing the user experience with business requirements and considerations.
- Working knowledge of design specification tools like Zeplin or InVision Inspector
- Can articulate the reasoning behind your design decisions
- Can think through user problems while understanding technical constraints
- Bachelors degree in Design, User Experience, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
It is a plus if you have:
- Familiarity with Design Thinking and Lean UX methodologies
- Experience with design system frameworks (e.g. Bootstrap) and Brad Frost’s Atomic design methodology
- Experience prototyping micro interactions and animations