Our large financial services client located in Vienna, VA is seeking a UX Designer for a longterm contract position, onsite and full-time.
The key elements the hiring manager is looking for someone with 2-3 years experience in UX/UI - someone who can take their designs and provide a quick qualitative field test / observational research. Also someone who has the ability to tell a story and influence team members. They are not interested in seeing people who are mostly visual designers or UX researchers.
This team works on public interactive touch screens and are always looking for the newest technology. This role would look at the current strategy behind the touch screens / the experience and doing an overhaul on their current interaction. This is not a visual design role but strictly looking at the user experience.
• Understanding of interface and interaction patterns and best practices for various platforms, as well as experience working within a responsive design framework.
• Understanding of human centered design and UX practices. Interest in partnering with other designers that specialize in content, strategy, and research on user research, journey maps and user flows.
• Experience creating prototypes that showcase design concepts and interaction patterns.
• Ability to quickly deliver multiple, inventive ideas that are fresh and simple while solving complex customer and business needs. Confidence in sharing in-progress work with team mates.
• Ability to clearly communicate your design decisions with the team and craft elegant presentation and storytelling capabilities.
• Understanding and utilization of Lean and Agile methodologies.
• Research the latest technologies, best practices, and online trends to provide recommendations for the team.
• Participate in or facilitate workshops and design thinking exercises to get your collaborators and stakeholders actively engaged in problem definition & problem solving
• Proficiency with current design tools (Adobe CC, Sketch, Invision, Omnigraffle, Balsamiq, etc)
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with business analysts, product managers, developers and design teams on research activities, strategy sessions, ideation, and design, and testing of new product concept.
- Co-write a user-testing scripts for re/designing customer facing interactive digital screen content.
- Present user needs and design concepts to designers and product partners
- Work with visual designers, motion designers, strategists, and developers to realize solutions to complex problems.
- Leverage analytics tools to measure success, present opportunities, and support decision-making
- Help, support, and coach MX Design team members.
- Answer email. (We’re all trying to spend less time on this, but let’s be real.)
• Bachelor’s degree or military experience
• At least 3 years of experience with user experience (UX) design
• At least 3 years of experience designing digital products
• At least 2 years of experience working with Agile product development teams or at least 2 years of experience working with Lean product development teams