Are you a creative self-starter with big ideas that focus on the customer? Do you have expert-level visual design and UX chops to execute on these ideas? If so, we need your help! Our AWESOME Seattle client is looking for an experienced full-time, onsite, TEMP (5mos) Senior Designer to help us take our site to the next level!
As a Senior Designer you will work directly with the product team to realize their vision and provide design solutions that address our customer's needs. You will deliver designs in the form of interactive prototypes, high-fidelity visual designs, and detailed design specs, and be involved in the entire process from ideation to partnering with engineering on implementation. You will provide multiple solutions to every problem and should be comfortable defending your design decisions to partners.
What we are looking for:
• At least 5 years’ experience designing for interactive software interfaces
• Expertise in visual design and in creating striking, customer-centric experiences
• Applied experience with typography, layout and composition, photography, and animation and transitions
• Ability to translate concepts into definitive and engaging designs that meet the user and business needs
• Expertise in responsive web design with a bias for mobile-first
• Comfortable presenting designs to partners, getting feedback, and collaborating on designs until a solution is reached
• Experience working in Sketch/Craft, InVision, and Adobe Creative Cloud
• Understanding of HTML/CSS/JS, and how designs translate to code
• Collaborate with product owners and other partners to iterate on new features and improvements to our desktop and mobile sites
• Deliver pixel-perfect designs and work with engineering on implementing your designs
• Perform competitive analysis and keep up with modern design trends
• Understand and advocate for the needs of the customer
• Produce HTML email and banner designs
• Ensure timely delivery of designs while maintaining high quality
Nice to have skills
• Ability to hand code designs
• Experience conducting user research
• Product design experience
*Background check required
Our Fortune 500 client is among the largest technology companies in the world, and their work is solely dedicated to one of the most socially and economically important activities on the planet – travel. Their travel platforms represent the world's most comprehensive selection of travel, allowing unique opportunities to work across multiple, global brands.