Our leading financial software client is looking for an interaction designer to join the team for a 1 year contract from Jan 2020.
You must be able to design complex user interfaces and interactions for web, mobile, and cross-platform experiences, providing a product that is valuable, usable and desirable. You must be able to follow technical and industry developments to keep the platforms up to date, providing prototypes, page layouts, and user interfaces.
You'll be confident to conduct research to understand user needs and document requirements. Understand complex problems and quickly and visually explain potential solutions. Scope, plan, and manage projects from initial consultation to final launch. Create wireframes, workflows, schematics, and prototypes to test usability and site branding goals.
To apply for this role you must have a 60:40 ratio UX/UI
-Need to be confident to run user research and testing
-Show good principles of storytelling
-Be able to demonstrate their process with
1. What was the challenge you were solving
2. What was your approach to it
3. What were the problems and how did you solved them
4. What was the business impact
- What you’ll do Work in fully Agile environment closely alongside PM and engineers to define priorities and understand problem space
- You’ll lead research to uncover critical customer problems and synthesise insights
- Use Lean methodologies to experiment and validate hypotheses and assumptions
- Rapidly explore, test and iterate design solutions on all levels of fidelity
- Produce flows, prototypes and final designs on all levels of fidelity
- Test solutions to ensure great experience
- You’ll participate in a collaborative, knowledge-sharing design community across all Intuit offices – UK, France, United States (Mountain View), Australia, Canada and Brazil.
- You’re a true collaborator, who will involve other partners at each stage of the process You can demonstrate you can co-lead projects in multi-disciplinary teams
- You’ll work on multiple projects at one time, managing time and expectations transparently and appropriately
- You’re going to provide a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends
- You’re going to understand metrics and how to use them to drive projects and make decisions
- You’ll be customer-centric in every action you take
If this sounds like you and you are keen to find a fun team to work with for 2020 apply today, intervews will take place during December. The client has also added that at thisbstage there will be no extra 'task' stage so as to keep the interviews the focus and a tight time turn around.
Please apply with an up to date CV & portfolio of case studies.
We can only consider applications from those with the existing right to work in the UK