We've got an exciting opportunity for a Product Marketing Manager to join our client's Professional Animal Division. This client is the leading manufacturer of grooming devices. Looking for a team-oriented, animal-loving individual to fill the role. This person would be responsible for defining, positioning, pricing, and the promotion of grooming products for the Professional Animal Division. This would also include managing the market adoption and product life cycles. This position would develop the "voice of the customer" and own the product.
Product Categories: Professional Pet and Pet Specialty Retail markets with general knowledge of Equine (Western & English), Veterinary and Large Animal.
• Subject Matter Expert in the lifestyle associated with this position
• Pricing, new product development, costing structures and advertising plans.
• Subject Matter Expert in best practices of managing product categories, understanding product market and competitors' products in a fast-paced, dynamic, customer and team-oriented work environment.
• Identifies customer requirements (via research, personal interviews, focus groups, surveys, roundables, etc.) - Works to identify business opportunities that expand market share, sales and profits within the various market categories.
• Studies channels of distribution and champions product development and promotes the most appropriate manufacturing location to maximize profits.
• Performs in-depth market research analysis and recommends product updates and changes.
• Travels 15-20% to trade shows and customers as necessary.
• Fully assists in the development of product packaging as well as advertising and promotional activities. Prepares sales forecasts and marketing plans that promote best practices among the various categories.
• Communicates externally with vendors, research organizations, advertising agencies, design firms, sales representatives and customers.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
The world leader in the manufacture and distribution of professional and consumer clippers, trimmers, shavers, and personal care device.
• Bachelors Degree
• 3-5 years' experience with defining, positioning, pricing, and promoting products required
• Strong market research capabilities & ability to analyze POS data (Nielson and NPD)
• Microsoft office skills with strong emphasis on Excel and Power Point
• Ability to model the Company's values of respect for people, teamwork and continuous improvement