Develops, implements and manages marketing and communication campaigns.
The selected candidate is responsible for planning, developing and executing marketing activities including digital (e.g., social media, email marketing, website landing pages) and print (e.g., direct mail, flyers, print ads, signage). Responsible for managing vendors and partners and will collaborate across all departments within the Society.
• Implement the aspects of the annual marketing plan, and all short-term marketing plans, to meet or exceed registration and revenue targets for events, including Scientific Sessions, meet budgeted product sales and membership targets, and support key initiatives identified by the Board and member-led committees.
• Build and manage strategic relationships with members, staff, outside vendors and industry partners.
• Oversight of marketing campaigns and materials:
o Ensure that messages are supportive of and consistent with marketing strategies.
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, English, communications, journalism, or similar field
• Experience: Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in a marketing/communications role, experience with digital marketing; and two (2) to three (3) years of experience in managing projects. Experience in coordinating multiple projects simultaneously. Some association/society or healthcare experience is preferred.
• Systems & Skills: MS Office, ESPs (email service provider) platforms – preferably Informz, social media platforms (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram), social media tools – preferably Sprout Social,
o Bonus System & Skills: CMS (content management systems) – preferably Drupal, Google Analytics, CRM (customer relationship management) - preferably Salesforce + Fonteva, LMS (learning management systems) – preferably Factor360.
COMPETENCIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES)
• Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
• Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods. This includes alternative ways to inform and entertain via written, oral, and visual media.
• Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
• Knowledge of business principles involved in resource allocation, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
• Skill in organizing, planning, and prioritizing work; developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish work.
• Skill in coordination; adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
• Skill in active listening; giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
• Skill in reading comprehension; understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.