Our Higher Ed client seeks a Digital Product UI/UX Designer for an immediate start. This Full-time talent will be responsible for a variety of deliverables for the Creative Team.
Design engaging, intuitive products including but not limited to: Web pages, Microsites, Landing pages, and Web applications, to excite users and generate higher on-site conversion. Work involves designing interfaces and user flows that solve complex interactions with elegance and simplicity. Must have a strong interest in technology and know-how to work alongside developers and product managers. Enhance organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; explore opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Define the user experience for new and existing digital products and features working in conjunction with product owners and stakeholders.
• Develop high level and/or detailed wireframes, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
• Gauge the usability of new and existing products, and make constructive suggestions for change.
• Collaborate with market researchers, other designers on our creative team and outside agencies, product managers, and software developers.
• Participate in regular design reviews and other customer team-wide design efforts.
• Identify user requirements by researching and analyzing user needs, preferences, objectives, and working methods; study how users consume content, including data categorization and labeling
• Plan information architecture by studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience; envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; creating user scenarios; preparing data models; evaluating information representation; conducting creative meetings.
• Organize information by translating user behavior into media structure and elements; craft interactive experiences; produce workflow diagrams, user scenarios, flowcharts, digital copy and customer voice and storyboards; prepare interaction specifications, navigation rules, organization of information, and site maps; coordinate with business, technology, visual, structural, editorial, cognitive, and brand strategists.
• Implement information architecture by preparing flat and interactive prototypes and mockups including page layout and navigational elements
• Develop responsive grid and visual design for pages, templates, components, and navigational structure; document structure and processes.
• Validate user experience and information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluate traffic patterns; study user feedback; manage and coordinate usability specialists.
TOP 3 THINGS YOU WANT TO SEE ON A RESUME:
1) Excellent CSS and HTML skills. Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other tools required for digital design and information architecture
2) 3-5 years of experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
3) Prefer 5 years of experience, in a strategic, collaborative environment (possibly in agency setting)
Great design samples—should be able to capture their spirit from their online samples/portfolio
Must be energetic with a collaborative spirit
Ability to work with multiple teams
Positive, energetic personality type
EXAMPLE OF A DELIVERABLE THEY'D BE WORKING ON:
Web pages, Microsites, Landing pages, and Web applications
• From a regionally accredited institution; BA/BS in Graphic Design &/or Digital Marketing related field.
• 5+ years direct experience in Digital Design or UX/UI.
4) Excellent CSS and HTML skills. Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and other tools required for digital design and information architecture
5) Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
6) 3-5 years of experience designing outstanding web-based products for a consumer-oriented website.
7) Strong Requirements Analysis/Gathering, Project Planning, Data Modeling, Presenting Technical Information, Excellent Problem Solving and Strategic Planning Skills.
8) Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project milestones and deadlines.
9) Excellent visual design and information architecture skills and an outstanding portfolio of interactive projects.
10) Exceptional attention to detail and QA. Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills and the ability to build good working relationships.
11) Updates job knowledge by tracking research regarding web design and usability; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
12) Excellent oral and written communication skills