Our Higher Ed client seeks a Senior-Level Design Manager for an immediate start. The Design Manager leads design strategy and execution for the organization. This Full-time talent will be responsible for supervising a variety of deliverables for the Creative Team, and have direct reports.
Our Creative Solutions team is the in-house agency supporting creative strategy and execution across all brands. We sit on the Brand team and support multiple groups within the organization. We are committed to delivering high-quality, high-impact marketing for all our stakeholders. Passionate and driven, our team of writers and designers sits in both Herndon, Virginia and Minneapolis, Minnesota.
The Design Manager leads design strategy and execution for the Creative Solutions team. This individual is a strong conceptual and strategic thinker who has highly developed communication and presentation skills, and is well-versed with the responsibilities of managing a team. They are a diligent brand steward who looks to trends in design and advertising to elevate all SEI brands, while helping to maintain creative consistency across the organization. They are able to deftly navigate the functions of providing strategic direction and critique while developing and inspiring a team of designers. At their core, the Design Manager believes in design’s positive impact on our world.
The Design Manager reports into the Creative Solutions Group Lead and partners closely with the Content Manager to direct and manage the strategy and execution of a wide-ranging variety of work, including strategic corporate initiatives, multi-channel internal and external campaigns, and more. The Design Manager will:
• Shape, motivate, inspire and manage a team of designers with a wide range of experience, skills and specializations. Leverage talent, strengths and weaknesses to deliver best-in-class creative
• Oversee Design team hiring, training, and mentoring. Provide clear, constructive design feedback in a timely, productive, and compassionate manner
• Partnering with Marketing Operations, ensure Design team adheres to processes, identifying opportunities for continuous improvement, and proposing and creating new processes and tools to support design operations
• Act as primary design point of contact, advocating for design excellence and keeping stakeholders informed and engaged. Work with stakeholders across marketing and the organization aligning team priorities with business objectives to deliver high-quality work on time and on budget
• Collaborate with fellow leaders, market researchers, designers, writers, product managers, and developers, as well as outside agencies, to develop solutions that reflect changing industry trends and meet business objectives
• Drive digital and mobile-first thinking while pushing creative boundaries and adhering to channel-specific best practices
• Develop and enforce the visual standards for all SEI brands
• Foster a culture focused on learner-centric solutions that are cutting-edge, quick and smart
• Assess usability of new and existing products, creative solutions and campaigns, and apply analytic learnings across all brands
• Be willing and able to pitch in and do the work when needed
• Lead and mentor Design Supervisors in their professional growth and management of direct reports