Marketing Analyst (Retail)
Duration: 12 months
Location: London, Central London
Pay: Up to £53,700 equivalent + Company bonus
Our client is a tech giant and has been voted one of the best places to work in the World numerous times. They are starting a new initiative in their devices and serves team, doubling-down on their commitment via the creation of a new Product Area with dedicated leadership and deep investment in building a product portfolio and brand.
In many ways, you are joining a “start up” with the resources and brand equity of a well established company behind it. As part of the Devices & Services business, the Retail Marketing team plays a critical role bringing Made products to consumers both in online and offline environments.
If you enjoy storytelling with data and have experience managing campaign performance quantitatively, then this role might be for you. In this role, you will lead measurement of campaigns and overall sales performance with our third party retail partners. You will apply various techniques, including sales analysis, advanced modeling, and A/B testing of assets to assess the impact of digital marketing campaigns and in-store executions. Your insights will influence future retail strategy based on fact-based results; you will be a critical part of planning sessions for upcoming campaigns. Your expertise in campaign performance and in retail will drive future investment decisions with our partners.
You will set up experiments, apply statistical techniques and leverage your model-building skills, making assumptions where required and derive modeled answers to critical business questions. You will build tools and dashboards to support data storytelling at scale. You will bring your insights to bear by influencing and driving future investment decisions at the team level as well synthesizing them into executive communications for our senior leaders to drive strategic decision-making.
You have demonstrated top performance in your prior roles and are someone who can work in a rapidly changing industry; you tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving leadership with limited oversight. You apply robust critical thinking to ambiguous problems and create structure. You have a deep understanding of analytics techniques and market research methodologies and have executed these skills in past roles. You are strong in written and verbal communication, and can influence cross-functional stakeholders as well as external partners.
- Lead channel marketing analytics efforts in-region, including tracking spend, building targets (pre-campaign) and analyzing success (post-campaign) for online and offline marketing campaigns designed to market hardware products through retail partners.
- Areas of focus include estimating Sales lifts, CPM, Click through Rate, Cost per Click, Conversion Rate, Cost Per Incremental Device sold, and lifts in awareness / consideration
- Build and deliver compelling presentations to senior leaders (Director and VP level), which distill key insights as well as provide actionable recommendations to all our teams (global creative, global go to market, country, regional etc)
- Develop compelling data visualizations and dashboards to bring insights to life. Leverage these dashboards to develop and deliver compelling executive level presentations that tell powerful retail impact stories
- Work cross-functionally with data analyst teams across the hardware and marketing organizations to build data tools (data warehouses, dashboards etc) and drive alignment and ensure a single version of truth between data sources
- Establish analytics frameworks, methodologies tools, and reporting standards to be applied globally; manage rolling out to global marketing teams
- Build targets (pre-campaign) and analyze success (post-campaign) for online and offline marketing campaigns designed to market Google hardware products through our retail partners. Areas of focus include estimating Sales lifts, CPM, Click through Rate, Cost per Click, Conversion Rate, Cost Per Incremental Device sold, and lifts in awareness / consideration
- Establish a methodology for optimizing spend, to drive investment decisions within and across partners, and across internal teams
- Collaborate with the larger analytics team to develop analytical approaches and tools for broader Retail Marketing problems
- Outstanding communication skills to influence country marketing trams to take actions based on analytics insights and recommendations
- BA/BS degree with a strong analytical focus (STEM or quantitative social sciences) or equivalent practical experience is required Industry experience in SQL, as well as one or more statistical tools (R, SAS, SPSS, Python)
- Ability to learn IT systems quickly to extract and prepare required datasets for analytics Deep expertise in data analytics, modeling and research; proven ability to conduct brand monitoring, clickstream analytics, predictive modeling and data visualization
- Highly attuned communication skills; ability to work cross-functionally and drive action with other teams not directly under your control
- Comfort working with and manipulating data, building models, running scenarios or sensitivities, and summarizing key takeaways and insights
- At least 2-4 years of experience working in the consumer industry (retail, consumer goods, retail banking etc), in a growth, marketing and/or analytics function
- Experience in the mobile or consumer electronics industries
- Ability to use advanced data analysis packages and languages such as R and SQL
- Experience planning for and managing large-scale, interrelated, complex projects, and coordinating and collaborating with cross-functional team members to deliver quality results