Our AWESOME Austin client in looking for a full-time, onsite, Temp (1yr+ with possible extension/conversion) qualitiative UX Researcher.
• Advanced degree in Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Information Science, or other related field.
• Strong research execution orientation. Able to manage multiple projects and adhere to deadlines, all while maintaining high standards for procedural rigor and insight quality.
• Experience with a variety of usability research methods, especially lab-based usability studies, remote studies, and survey work.
• Excellent communication skills and comfort interacting with stakeholders in varied roles and at varied levels of the organization.
• Comfortable working in a fast paced professional setting with a focus on delivering timely and useful research insights.
• Biased toward assuming positive intent with team members and stakeholders.
• Occasional travel may be required.
Qualifications: 2-5+ years of UX research experience - Ability to independently execute all aspects of a research project, including: managing the project from start to finish, defining/scoping a project with stakeholders, designing a study with the right methodology to answer the underlying research questions, defining participant criteria and screeners, working with in-house and external vendors to complete recruits, comfortable moderating in-lab user sessions and responding to observer follow-up questions, rigorous analysis of data, clear and effective communication to a wide audience via both report writing and presenting, ability to create compelling video clips from lab sessions.
Please include 1 - 2 works samples (Case Studies, examples that focus on process)
Nice to Have Skills:
Fluency with usability testing in an agile environment.
Experience working with cross functional teams.
Strong qualitative background (experience with usability studies, in-depth interviewing, card sorting).
*Background screen required