An education client in NYC is looking for an AP Content Strategist for a long term freelance role
- Looking for a mid-level content strategist with excellent editorial skills
- Working on the Communications - Digital Content Strategy team
The AP Content Strategist is responsible for ensuring that digital content is user-centered and engaging, meets high quality standards, and furthers the client's mission. Reporting to the Senior Director, Content Strategy, the AP Content Strategist is a direct contributor to the editorial development of websites and other digital projects, working closely with a multidisciplinary team to conceptualize, develop, execute, and maintain digital content.
Responsibilities include writing and developmental editing; auditing content, delivering content briefs, and other content strategy tools; leading content efforts throughout the lifecycle of complex digital projects; helping to define and realize the vision and direction of the project, collaborating closely with product owners and others; adapting our global content model to AP’s content; and content entry. The Content Strategist will work closely with product owners, sponsors, web producers, copyeditors, user experience design (UXD), information architecture (IA), and information technology (IT) to conceptualize, develop, execute, and maintain content that is accurate and consistent in presentation and optimally stored within a content management system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes and edits content about AP.
- Works closely with project sponsors to understand their needs and the needs of their users and to ensure both are met in digital products
- Guides the iterative copy development process through all stages, including sponsor reviews and editorial passes in response to feedback.
- Provides feedback on project plans, wireframes, requirements documents, and related artifacts in anticipation of content needs.
- Follows editorial, accessibility, and other policies and guidelines related to digital content.
- Works with other content strategists as needed to ensure taxonomies, metadata structures, and content development workflows meet editorial needs.
- Collaborates with UXD, IA, and IT to determine, define, and document content types and content models that support publishing to web, mobile, and tablet applications.
- Contributes to the creation of a taxonomy for vast and complex digital content.
- Responsible for content entry, copyediting, and proofreading as needed.
Start Date - November 18th, 2019
End Date - May 30th, 2020