Our large financial services client located in San Francisco is seeking a mid-sr level UX Designer for a new travel and dinning product offering. This is a full-time contract position that will be ongoing and could even convert to perm for the right person.
Client is looking for a UX Generalist to work on discovery, research, validation, and interaction phases. The designer will own specific end-to-end features. The right candidate will be balanced in conceptual as well as hands-on building and delivery.
Advanced skills in Principle, InVision, Sketch, typography, and pixel perfect design are required.
We are looking for an energetic and experienced User Experience designer with a passion for creating simple, beautiful solutions to complex problems to join our Design Innovation team. You obsess over understanding the customer and their context, enjoy creating user flows + prototypes to explore concepts and tell the story behind our designs. You pay attention to the details and love polishing your work until it shines. You are an expert in the latest trends in modern web and mobile application design, as well as have a keen eye for visual design, illustration, photography and motion graphics. You have worked on multi-platform designs in the past.
• Design products across mobile (iOS and Android) that targets specific customer values as well as business goals.
• Create wireframes, user flows and prototypes throughout the product development life cycle (early discovery, refinement and delivery) to build a consistent customer experience.
• Help define a design system and language, and advocate its application across different experiences and platforms.
• Be an active member of a larger design team, participate in design critiques and peer reviews.
• Collaborate with product managers, executive and brand/marketing stakeholders to evaluate and share progress on project.
• Support the design and building of prototypes for user testing as well as lending a hand with taking notes and synthesizing user feedback into tangible next steps.
• Support the dev teams in the delivery of design specs (via InVision), assets and other required use cases for production-ready products.
• Work closely with other disciplines to understand design context and collaborate within team for solutions.
• Deliver solutions (research findings, design concepts, content) and participate in critique process to improve design acceptance.
• Develop critical thinking through iteration and design review
• Understanding and application of design systems (IA, pattern library, visual design libraries, motion library).
• Execute processes and produce artifacts in support of the dev teams
• Proactively seek out ways of incorporating the customer experience into daily work.
• Proactively identify squad-level issues that affect product quality to senior design management.
• Work collaboratively and contribute to the success of a multidisciplinary team.
• Contribute to high performing teams through the development of self and others, emphasizing continuous learning and growth.
• 7-10 years designing native mobile apps and responsive/adaptive website.
• Experience in designing complex applications with rich interactions.
• Experience conducting user research and usability testing sessions.
• Expert in Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and other design tools.
• Experience in building UI functional prototypes (e.g. Invision, Principle, Axure, etc.).
• Working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment.
• Must be capable of independent decision-making as well as able to take direction.
• Under advisement from Lead and more senior staff, recommend and at times make decisions affecting one or more projects
Knowledge and Skillset
• Demonstrated ability to create work product that shows design intent.
• Demonstrated ability to participate in critique and incorporate feedback.
• Proficient at tools and process and recommends new tools and/or process improvements.
• Developing ability to clearly communicate product needs and intent.
• Demonstrates ability to handle multiple priorities / deadlines without compromising quality.
• Developing ability to incorporate user needs, business needs, and technical constraints/opportunities into the product development process.