Seeking a Digital Art Director for our studio that has the flexibility to work late with graphic designers, copywriters, and developers to provide design leadership on multiple projects, while using your experience and artistic talents to relay key messaging to our clients in a unique, visually compelling, and experiential way.
Our ideal candidate has the creative abilities to develop original and customized design campaigns from the ground up, with the leadership skills to guide a team, taking projects from ideation through to execution.
• Visually direct all outbound creative, and content across multiple channels, to ensure consistency across all touch points – while also aligning with brand guidelines.
• Oversee the Creative Design Team, with accountability for processes, workflows and project timelines and milestones.
• Ability to bridge marketing copy and visual design into a cohesive message.
• Generate breakthrough creative ideas and concepts for various brand campaigns and experiences – on strat, on brand and on time!
• Lead research of design options and possibilities, with a clear understanding how to build from existing product offerings.
• Understand the design team capabilities, and mentor them to reach new skill levels (photo, video, illustration, digital, research, etc).
• Guide design research activities to understand the competitive landscape.
• Participate in strategy development of market research, client input and creative.
• Own the creation of original graphics, iconography, colour palettes, type choices, and other design elements.
• Experience working across the full life cycle of projects (ideation, concept development, photoshoot art direction, presentation to stakeholders, hand-off processes between teams).
• BA degree in Design or a related field or equivalent experience – obsesses over good design.
• Minimum 8 years experience in leadership role, with strong, focused portfolio
• Mastery of Adobe CC Suite, Proficient in Gmail, Keynote, Sketch and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PP, Excel).
• Portfolio is a must and shows diverse range of work and styles, across digital and print.
• Past work is heavy in mobile and responsive web design.