Our client in Columbus, OH is seeking an IT Project Manager to join them through the end of the year with the possibility of extending.
Chief promise keeper for projects keeping an end to end perspective for the team. Ultimately responsible for delivery of projects by driving cycle commitments to completion on time, on budget, and on quality. 25%
Champion agile methodologies throughout the development process and adherence to standards - this will include leading one or more scrum teams. 25%
Ensures projects do not start without proper initiation including roadmap prioritization, documented charter, iteration 0 and dependency identification. Clearly understand how projects fit into the programs and platform they are a part of. 20%
Own and manage communication plan across project. Track key decisions in decision log to ensure visibility and traceability to key decisions made. Proactively removes impediments to ensure successful delivery of team commitments. Owns and drives issue resolution and risk mitigation. 10%
Responsible for coordinating the successful release of projects including documented release plan, detailed deployment plans, and production support plans. 10%
Business analysis support including writing user stories, managing the team backlog, assisting with ongoing requirements definition throughout the agile development process, ensuring engineers understand requirements, and evaluating bugs. 10%
OTHER REQUIRED ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Facilitator of efficient meetings and follow up
• Open style of communication to foster flow of ideas and build consensus across the project
• Cross-disciplinary understanding of product management, software development, and quality assurance
• Accurate reporting on project status and project updates. Understands tools needed for Project Management and that data is properly and timely updated (e.g. decision log, issues log, risk log, JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science or related field preferred. Advanced degree is a plus.
• In depth knowledge of software development and adoption, ideally in Ed Tech.
• Project management experience required demonstrated by 2-5 years as Project Manager. Exposure to agile project management environment is required. Scrum master experience is a plus.
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification is a plus.
• PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification is a plus.
• Self-motivated and well-organized; able to prioritize tasks and work well under pressure.
• Experience in consulting working with business partners, external vendors utilizing both traditional and rapid/lightweight project management is desired.
• Ability to travel on occasion.