Creative AV Developer – Central London Museum
MUST have audio visual exhibition/events experience.
Day rate 250-300 per/day LTD doe
2-3 month freelance (possibility of perm)
To start ASAP
Our client is a well-known central London museum and they are looking for an enthusiastic AV creative solutions candidate to join on a 2-3 month contract role which could go perm for the right person.
You will need to have the technical understanding of the system used to work a successful live event with lighting, video and music etc… but you will not be required to the hands-on rigging along the technical team. It would be helpful to have a list of contractor’s you have worked before in either an event, exhibition or festival environment.
They are hoping someone can come in and offer new creative solutions in the initial stages.
You must have experience working with AV systems and understand system set up and limitations.
To provide professional services to cover the design and commissioning of AV, Sound Systems and digital interactives in the museum galleries and special exhibitions, and work with colleagues and stakeholders as necessary to ensure that the solutions meet the needs and objectives of the organisation. This role requires a deep understanding of the technical aspects although not necessarily be the hands-on installer.
• Experience and practical knowledge of the installation and use of Lighting, Sound, AV systems and system integration
• Proficiency in AutoCad and Visio
• Understanding of IT networks
• Ability to design AV systems, including engineering drawings as required by projects
• Ability to assist in the production of O&Ms for installed systems
• Ability to submit project status reports to department managers, clients and stakeholders – anticipate and react to change.
• Ability to program and commission systems installed by the museum technicians or others
• Excellent planning and personal time management skills
• An awareness of health and safety policies and be proactive in implementing them
• Proven experience in a similar role.
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
• Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to support other team members with technical advice and support as required.
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels
• Good oral and written skills
• Relating to others and working as a member of a team.
• Deadline conscious – highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task managing a challenging workload and meet strict deadlines and budgets
• Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value.
• To carry out duties/responsibilities in a manner that reflects the Core Values of the Museum at all times
To start ASAP. Please apply with an up to date CV, portfolio of work and your expected day rate for the role. We are only able to contact those successful at shortlisting.