Our fashion-focused client is looking for a lead Interaction Designer to craft exceptional digital experiences across our marketing touch points — connecting advertising, email communications, social activations, content sponsorships and our web sites into a coherent and actionable architecture. They looking for a great talent and great partner that will take point on understanding customer needs and behavior and using insights to craft experiences that work and delight.
**Please note**: this is a marketing and creative role, not a product development role.
As part of our clients in-house creative lab, the interaction design lead works closely with writers, visual designers, content strategists, data scientists and campaign managers to bring user-centric thinking and digital performance orientation into digital marketing programs.
Specifically, the interaction design lead is responsible for crafting insights-driven personas, define experience flows across temporal experiences, and lead out the creation of wireframes and similar artifacts to drive a comprehensive view of the creative program. As programs reach certain checkpoints, the interaction designer takes lead on usability testing, and partners closely with the marketing operations team to ensure the learning agenda carries into the metrics within the marketing dashboard.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
● Lead by example in all moments
● Be Responsible for maintaining and advancing the overall quality of strategic and design thinking
● Team with writers and visual designers to develop next-generation digital andmulti-channel experiences
● Maintain high standards for design artifacts, including wireframes, architecture diagrams and prototypes
● Understands and can develop or extend personas and scenarios for a given user population based on either primary or secondary research
● Recommends and leads user research of various types from pure ethnographies and technographies to usability testing and everything in between
● Partners closely with the web development team to identify required platforms and systems to bring the experience to life, and documents the requirements for the technology teams in a standardized set of documents (presentation, technical, functional or temporal)
● Know what advanced technology can do, and recommend where to use it
● Keeping interest and excitement levels high, inside and outside of the department
● Act as an ambassador for the global brand program, and continue to nurture relationships across our marketing organization to foster world-class work
● Participates in post-mortem reporting, including evaluation of process and infrastructure
We’re excited about you because...
You bring a rich background of digital and brand leadership across direct-to-consumer, retail and/or fashion spaces. We have a strong preference for brand leads that have spent time in their careers in digital-centric/mobile-first businesses, but this is not a predicate for success.
● Minimum eight (8) years experience in one of the following areas: product design, interactive agency, design studio other collaborative design team
● Insatiable curiosity, excited by design and technology
● Excited about the evolution of experience design on the web and where it could lead
● Ambassador of design thinking coupled with crisp sensibilities and acumen
● Excellent conceptual abilities and the talent to use visual narratives to express complex ideas
● Experience in an agency environment, with good presentation skills a plus
● Enjoys and supports working on a team
● Superior communication skills, organized and understands time management