Our agency client is seeking an Industrial Designer whose thumb is on the pulse with culturally relevant product development and processes. This designer shall understand current brand trends, perceptions and overall interactions; someone who can tell stories and creatively synthesize analysis and put themselves in the minds of both the consumer and client to help us meet their needs.
Day to Day:
Working on new product for a well-known retailer in the Home Décor category and Tool category. Expected to do conceptual drawings of new product ideas, including hand sketches, renderings etc...
Skills and Qualifications:
• 2+ Years experience as a Junior/Mid-level Industrial Designer
• Strong portfolio showcasing range in scale and mediums
• BS-ID or equivalent with a strong product development focus
• Strong visualization skills, including hand sketching, prototyping, 3D modeling (including Class-A surface development), and rendering skills (Vray, Octane).
• Participation in consumer research, conceptualize and develop new products, build prototypes, develop form, and determine materials, construction, mechanisms, shape, color, surface finish, manufacturing processes and packaging in cooperation with other functions involved in new product development processes
• Must be proficient with digital design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite.
• Must be proficient with CAD programs such as Rhino, 3DS Max, Solidworks & Cinema 4D
• Experience in the modeling and manufacturing processes of diverse products
• Fantastic expertise in hand sketching both on-the-fly and at a desk
• Natural comfort with physical prototyping and low-fidelity modeling
• Passion for design and creating products that resonate with people.
• Self-motivation, excellent communication, strong interpersonal skills, an open mind, the ability to thrive in multidisciplinary teams, and the skills to balance great design with short deadlines.
• A love of collaboration and learning.
• A fearless and positive attitude.