We have a client in San Diego that is growing rapidly and looking for passionate, innovative professionals to join their team and connect the world to more. You’ll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment that values diverse perspectives and continuous learning, and provides industry-leading benefits with unmatched opportunities for career growth. Their team is fearless in pursuit of new ideas and uncompromising in our quest to become the world’s first truly global Internet Service Provider. Does this sound like you could be a fit? Then please continue to review below---
Professionals in this role are responsible for working with internal teams to design and develop compelling, intuitive, and effective customer experiences. This person may be working on multiple projects as well as technology systems to enhance our product offering. Candidates should be business analysis savvy, have top-notch design skills and the technical experience to back it up.
• Collaborate with Sales & Marketing, Product Management and Engineering teams to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, interaction, user stories and flows and overall user experience.
• Collaborate with the UX & Design team members to execute across a number of design stages from requirements definition, wireframes, user flows and storyboards to defining detailed interaction and iterating high fidelity prototypes and final visual design production while ensuring the integrity of experiences, branding, and design is maintained throughout all projects.
• Ensure the design output - concept sketches, mock-ups, prototypes, layouts and user interface components - can be easily interpreted and implemented by experienced software development teams.
• Conceptualize and iterate original ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex design problems. Good understanding of the agile software lifecycle and ability to communicate and engage with frontend and backend engineering teams to iterate and achieve the best solutions.
• Analyze, define and document strategies for multiple external and internal facing mobile platforms and web, from responsive web-based apps to hybrid and fully native applications. Understand mobile platform device requirements and articulate the different contexts of use.
• Create deliverables including: Information Architecture (IA), user flows, wireframes, interaction design, rapid prototypes, high-fidelity visual designs, redlines, and assets for business and consumer facing web applications.
• Conduct, improve designs, support and balance team recommendations with research, analytics, usability testing, customer insights and other quantitative/qualitative insights as appropriate to advance ideas.
• Act as the user-advocate during the product development process, present and defend designs and key milestone deliverables to the team and product stakeholders with an ability to see the big picture whilst maintaining careful attention to detail.
• Research interaction, design standards and technology trends. Evaluate competitor and other related products to ensure that our products are applications adhere to best of breed usability and user experience standards in the market.
• Establish and promote design guidelines for interaction, UX/UI and motion design patterns, best practices and standards for mobile and web-based applications.
• Can lead the following activities with minimal-to-no guidance: Heuristic Evaluations, Storyboarding, Flow Diagraming, Information Architecture, Interaction design and wireframing, high & low fidelity prototyping.
• Consistently produces top-level work needing minimal direction from leadership team.
• Manages their own schedule prioritizing projects and can scope and plan UX/UI design activities and outputs within product teams.
5+ years of experience designing digital products.
Significant experience working with engineers, Visual, and UI designers
Experience working with Product Managers
A Bachelor's degree in digital design, human-computer interaction, cognitive science-related field – or equivalent experience