Digital Marketing Specialist
This individual leads the day to day execution of social media marketing for the association – both organic and paid. In addition to their social media work, they also develop marketing communications strategies, materials and budgets to effectively promote our products and services, including promotional emails, websites and direct mail pieces, such as brochures and postcards. The position involves working in collaboration with designers, other marketing team members, internal subject matter experts and product owners. This individual will work to refine and at times build target email and mailing lists. Must have the ability to handle many projects at once especially during peak periods. Must be a strong social media writer with experience managing paid marketing campaigns across LinkedIn, Google, Twitter and Facebook. Experience with the Ingeniux Content Management System, and Informz and/or Real Magnet email marketing software is a plus.
1) Works with AVP of Digital Marketing to execute social media strategies at the organization level. Develops product/department-specific social media plans (both paid and organic) to garner registrations/enrollments as well as further engage members and enhance our presence on social media platforms.
2) Develop marketing analysis reports to determine campaign effectiveness. Make recommendations for improvement.
3) Develop and implement marketing plans for clients' products, programs and services with an eye on enhancing MBA's credibility, leadership role and/or revenue generation.
4) Work in close partnership with other communications group colleagues to maximize effectiveness of full-blown marketing and communications programs.
5) Support AVP of Digital Marketing on updates and improvements to our site, including content development and creation of/updates to existing page layouts.
6) Provide responsive, personalized customer service to assigned department staff, including senior staff members. Work directly and independently with internal clients and designers in planning, writing, developing, and coordinating marketing and communications collateral. Generate internal mail lists/order lists from external sources.
7) Produce projects in print and electronic media (web site and e-mail promotions).
8) Adhere to production schedules for all marketing projects and initiate contact with internal clients 26 42 weeks before scheduled events. Track progress of projects and identify potential production delays and problems.
9) Attend regular department meetings for assigned internal accounts to proactively keep up with changing needs and new marketing opportunities.
10) Perform other duties as requested.
College degree with concentration in marketing and/or communications-related field. Excellent organizational, writing, editing, proofreading and project management skills. Firm knowledge of new media marketing and campaign development required. Interpersonal skills are a must. Ability to thrive under pressure and to juggle multiple tasks. Three to five years of marketing experience required, and an advanced degree a plus. Ability to work well with others and provide leadership and project management required. Advanced knowledge and experience in area of specialization. Able to undertake relatively complex management and substantive tasks within the functional area with minimal supervision. Strong creative skills and computer skills are required. Experience in associations or financial services a plus