Are you ready for a career making opportunity? How about being part of an amazing global product design practice working on next-generation web and mobile platforms for one of the most recognized hospitality brands in the world? In this client-facing role, you will support next-generation product design and platform development by helping the team unify the UI and UX and deliver an elegant and enjoyable experience across web, mobile and in-room apps.
You’ll be part of an agile cross-functional product team you’ll work closely with other product designers, PM, engineers, and researchers. You’ll help our design team improve, scale and apply a common UI design system across web, mobile and in-room systems. Previous Design System experience is crucial to this role.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating and maintaining design systems and helping product designers applying them globally to create a suite of elegant products that anyone can use. The position requires working across different teams to create consensus and provide deliverables under tight deadlines. Strong communication skills are a must, as well as the ability to work under pressure. Flexible and comfortable with ambiguity and change during a project. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who upholds and advocates high standards and lives design aesthetic to the core.
- Advocate for visual consistency, UI design system and accessibility across web, mobile and in-room systems.
- Handle Motion Design, and prototyping (previous use of Principle is a strong plus). This includes handling Motion / Animation work, as well as working on Executive Decks, Motion Guidelines and other docs that inform on processes, data and statistics.
- Collaborate with design team and across product design teams to ensure design consistency and UI standards are upheld.
- Spot opportunities to apply standards to new features and support when it's time for the design system to evolve.
- Help maintain and evolve UI design system and documentation.
- Challenge existing processes with new ways for the team to be more effective
- 5+ years of design experience focused on unifying UI and UX design across multiple teams with differing goals and priorities—including developing, maintaining, and gaining adoption of pattern libraries.
- Deep experience and interest in design systems, aesthetics and interaction patterns with a strong knowledge of industry design systems, UI controls, kits and frameworks, and familiarity with the underlying technology that powers them.
- Proven ability to advocate for UI consistency with designers, engineers, product managers, and executives through writing, visuals, and presentations.
- Ability to create sketches, wireframes, high fidelity comps, prototypes, and written documentation, and organize them into libraries that are easy and enjoyable for other designers to use.
Know anyone else who may be a fit for this role? We'd love your referrals! Please feel free to pass this role along, and also see details regarding our referral program here: https://aquent.com/rewards/